turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Ok people. ill try again. if you got your refund on the turbo visa prepaid debit card AND paid your fees out of your refund AND/OR got an advance out of your refund, you will not get a direct deposit onto said card. It matters not that the banking info on your return matched that on your card.  It matters not that its a "green dot" card. Read the agreement you made with the people that let you take fees and or advance out of your refund. It is First century bank, partnered with santa Barbara, that fronts this money. It says right on the agreement that THEY will manage your card. That THEY will receive your refund, take what you got fronted, and put the rest on a card THEY assign. If you used turbo tax and turbo debit card and DID NOT...NOT...get an advance or have fees taken out of refund, you will likely get direct deposit. That's why some are saying "im turbo prepaid and I got it!!". Not, NOT....if you had fees or advance taken from federal refund. Paper check. As far as the website to enter direct deposit information, It looks like that's for people who didn't have to file, and only for those. The irs will try to deposit it onto info santa Barbara used, santa Barbara will send back "account closed",. and irs will revert to mailed check. Its not so bad, looks like we should get check by end of May...maybe. Good luck all!! Stay well!!

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

This y u guys are losing  people u guys might go out of business and I'm going to laugh bout it 

This is the best answer turbo tax has? Lmao definitely not using turbo tax next year no way

@Shan3234 this is false. I know for a fact someone that used it and got money taken out and paid fees and they got a notification that they should be able to access on the 15th. So try again. No one knows a definite answer just a bunch of Bull**bleep** going around on here. 

I dont think that is correct.     I've gotten fees taken and a advance.   I also looked at my returns  account  direct deposit  line 2 .  And it all matches my turbo tax card.  Routing number and account number  is exactly what irs has.    It's the same account and routing number my job has to deposit my checks into 

How do y’all not know about your own product if u are not for sure why use it why should u have to wait to hear from irs about YOUR product and if the direct deposit does not work do you know how many people will loose there home and other stuff waiting on y’all???

This reply TT is giving is not good enough! We need real answers about our money!!!!! Especially because people are getting deposits. Tell us the truth turbo tax!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

I promise you, if you research, you will find that anyone who got fees or advance taken out of return and got return on turbo prepaid debit card, got those advanced fees and or advance through First century bank, who partnered with santa Barbara bank last year. Look at the aggrement  you made when you had fees/advance taken out of refund. It says first century bank. Look that up. Partnered with santa Barbara last year. Goto www.sbtpg.com, click on "for taxpayers", enter information, and wala!! it will recognize you and tell you about your refund!! Santa Barbara! Check the link at top of page! It says, I quote, "The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG." ALL FEE ADVANCES AND ALL REFUND ADVANCES WENT THRU SANTA BARBARA BANK! Im notr trying to be a know it all or an ass...I need the money to. But it all spelled out on the agreement you esighned when you got the fee or refund advance!! Its in black and white. Good luck everybody. Ill not post again.

I wanted to know if my stimulus check will get deposited in my turbo tax account?

People learn to read. I'm only saying this one more time.

IF you paid fees or received a ADVANCE or went through SANTA BARBARA TAX GROUP you will receive a paper check unless you update your direct deposit through the IRS tool.

SANTA BARBARA is a tax prepareness group a seperate company within Greendot bank.

As long as your your turbocard account and routing number matches the one listed on your 2019 or 2018 tax return as long as that account remains open (the one listed) then you will receive a direct deposit from the IRS. If just a matter of when.

According the reddit mega-thread only IOS users are receiving the notification from turbotax about the pending deposit on the 15th. Not ANDROID users. That explains why myself and others have not received it while others may have.

What i dont get is if you filed your taxes and selected this option of turbo card and it has direct deposit information and your tax return got sent direct deposit into the same account

Why would it not be an option for the stimulus check makes no sense whatsoever!

However now im questioning whether or not it will be or not hoping this question gets answered soon.

Jetlag114

Anyone have any updates on this? My friends already got their stimulus checks deposited in their banks. It hasn't deposited for me and I selected the Turbo Tax card

But isnt turbocard a form of direct deposit

Considering it directly deposited our tax returns into it it has a routing number and an account number as well attached to it so if its not considered a form of direct deposit that would be very unhelpful of the irs especially since they allowed taxes to be sent to the same account

I did do an advance and the Routing and account number on my tax form is the Turbo Debit card. I'm thinking I'm ok. They are the same company so it wouldn't be hard to flag the account to deduct the fees and place the rest in there. The debit card they are talking about on the SBTG page is probably a single use card issued by a tax prep company. I should probably unsubscribe as I'm driving myself batty. LOL

How would I get my stimulus check through TurboTax prepaid card

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies