turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Ahlam143

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

How I can get my check 

mjbehnen

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

I have friends who have already received their direct deposits. The funds have already been sent out. TurboTax, you need to give a definitive answer. 

I don't understand why you would need to give the IRS anything. If I've already filed my taxes, they would have the routing number and account number from my turbo card on file because they sent out a refund. So, logically, they would send the stimulus payment to the card as well. What guidance do you need to give them information they already have?

The only other possibility is that you mislead your customers in describing the functionality of the card. And your claim about getting direct deposits up to two days faster would be false as well.

Russ1899
Returning Member

You're actually wrong. Its an exact match.  

• How do you know it won't? They have not given a straight answer yet. 

I always have my check direct deposited in my account however I have the payments come directly out of my check so I’m looking for a real answer what happens for people like me? 

I have a feeling we are all gonna be waiting on paper checks. Seems turbo tax is only worried about getting people to hurry up and file if they haven't. Maybe we have a class action lawsuit here since they misrepresented their card

Russ1899
Returning Member

@julie33  my husband has the emerald card and we've heard nothing. I have turbo and ive heard nothing . it's frustrating

I am thinking class action as well I will contact a tax att monday if I have not gotten my payment this is sad and I have used Turbo for over 10 yrs now. Never again for me or my family That is a promise. You will loose buisness over this one 

How do you see pending deposits for your turbo card?

You cant they do not show pending. 

I am not a turbo tax employee or anything. But I want to let everyone know we should receive our deposits on our turbo tax cards. If you used the  TurboTax Debit card for your taxes TurboTax has automatically put those account and routing numbers on your forms when preparing them. I would imagine we will all get ours on these cards because if you download your forms via the turbo tax website and look at the document on a file viewer you will see that your routing and accounting number are displayed so the IRS should have records of your bank account. 

Ps: I hope this helps more then the previous comments.

Keep us posted about the class action suit. Turbo tax dropped the ball and cant even give a straight answer

I have been with turbo tax for 10 years we are in a pandemic people are out of work and u people can not give a straight answer I'm disgusted not to mention u charge people to file when u claim it's free 

This is my last year with turbotax 

This is ridiculous..... all responses say “we are waiting to receive an answer from the IRS.....” 

get it together. Someone should have an answer by now. You are setting up ways for people who haven’t filed to be able to get their stimulus check quickly, but those of us who have filed and used your turbo tax Visa card, probably will have to wait for ours to be mailed? I it shouldn’t be that difficult! Many people have used this option and now we will be the ones waiting the longest apparently......

Its disgusting I spoke with a agent early she said yes then I spoke with someone else and he said no I'm done with turbo tax PERIOD right now is not tr he time to BS people 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies