turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

@dirtyquinn  This is the notification I got, but it disappeared so quickly

Nynx
Level 2

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Turbo card or green dot bank has received my deposit but I can’t access deposit  funds until Wednesday. Can I speed this up ? 

@Kolakkandi is it spam?

And NOONE else post any more information unless they have a link or a picture or something. It's the only way we're going to get to the bottom of this. This is turning into a game of telephone but with trolls.

it looks like the horror is true. If you paid for your taxes with a deduction from your return you will get a paper check. lmao seems a bit ridiculous. Im not gonna post the SB statement again but its earlier in this thread. 

I don’t think that matters because our state refund was deposited onto the card and that money didn’t go threw SB first... I think we will all be fine. Let’s hope for the best...

The individuals that selected to have their 2019 tax return loaded to the intuit prepaid turbo card should go and pull up their 2019 tax return documents. The documents can be found on the TurboTax app or website. Verify your account/routing information listed on your return is the same as your current prepaid turbo card. If the information matches up then you likely will receive your stimulus payment directly deposited to the turbo prepaid card account in question. I will attach a screenshot from my personal return as reference. I hope this lessened nerves for people worrying about this issue.  

What A Time 2 Be Alive,

Zaph

0F69326D-3567-4655-9DE4-282E24AF175C.jpeg

i did this and confirmed this on the first page of this thread. our dd info fo rour card will be on the 1040. 

That's awesome, did you have fees?

We arent receiving state money. Its federal. 

I know that!!!! I’m saying paying the fees shouldn’t matter because the same deposit info was present on both state and federal return and the state did not have to go through the SB bank so I’m saying it shouldn’t affect us getting our stimulus payments either. There are people who had them take fees and used their own personal bank accounts for the refund and they are pending their atomic payment so I don’t think the fees matters.  Just try to remain optimistic look at the bright side on the 17th we are able to update our direct deposit info if there is an issue... 

oh ok well yea... iv literally stated that same thing many times already in this thread...  and on the first page of this thread. I agree... Theres no reason to not direct deposit when they have the right info. BUT SB has publicly stated if you payed the fee with your return then you will get a paper check. makes no sense to me because like we said the info is on our 1040. 

lol i dont need a pep talk but thanks. i live in reality. i can stay positive and optimistic while still acknowledging reality, truth and facts. Have a great day hope we get this money soon! 

I just find that hard to believe because people used their own personal accounts and paid the fees and their money is pending... idk what to believe... but either way we can update our I do on the 17th. We will just have to wait another week... what can we do about it...

yeah thatsa good point im just saying it was just the SB statement. idk why they would publicly state that if it wasnt their intentions. It just doesnt seem logical. But yea. We will get it when we get it. 

I have read every comment and I believe some of the replies come from automated responses that are submitted when questions are asked online. They best way to get your answer is to contact TurboTax via phone and speak to someone who has more information with the process. I just spoke with an turbo tax rep and she assured me that IRS is using TurboTax as a form of payment along with customers personal banking information. If you don’t have a bank or turbo card it will be mailed. The account number and routing shows on your return and that’s the information they are using to deposit the stimulus check. No need to keep asking these people online because they gonna say they don’t have information but they do. They just don’t know which day it will be deposited

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies