turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Listen i have the turbocard issued by turbo tax.it has a account number and routing number.its a whole bank account.i still use the card for my direct deposit at work it even allows me to get paid early.i just looked at my tax return and its the same routing number and acc number associated with the card ive been using so there is no problem people.i dont understand your worry.if you have your turbo card and the bank acc associated with it which is green dot bank.and the routing numbers and acc number is whats on your tax form then it will be deposited on your card simple 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Why wouldn’t it work the same ways as other deposits.   My tax forms give the same info as a person with a bank if America a country. Or Wells Fargo account. I can have other  govt. checks posted to this account but not stimulus.  I don’t understand why the govt. would not have gave notice from them that  they can not post to prepaid account   It does and doesn’t make sense for them just to worry about the non filers.   But You would think that new  turbo thing would also let you update if  it is true no stimulus to prepaid cards.

Also  from what I read from Washington post  this morning turbo tax is working real close with irs in reguards to sending payments why wouldn’t turbo tax  have already work something out with govt or at least let turbo tax card holders know what’s going on .  Instead of giving out info they don’t know is correct.

I checked my tax forms and the direct deposit info matches the turbo card info. So it will be most likely deposited on your turbo card, as you can use it for employment direct deposit as well. 

What are you talking about man it is a checking and saving account.and it is a bank.the green dot bank with routing and account number.i use it for my direct deposit at work.you guys are making a problem out of nothing.look at your tax return.if it says the same routing and account numbers as the cards then thats where its going

I dont understand where you got this info saying that it wont be deposited to your greendot bank account? Where did all this even start? I have not seen anywhere that a offcial said that a greendot bank account wont recieve the payment?

Lmcleven
Returning Member

Right it is and we should get it just like any other account but turbo tax is saying no a paper check will be mailed.

@nikkimac       They really dont know what they are doing ? Twice I sent ?s thru email because I was not able to get a answer over phone. I did not receive a response from them till I figured how to resolve issue myself . That is when I received a e mail we see you issue has been resolved we will be closing the case . I’m like yea I resolved it not thanks to turbo .  I spent a weekend trying to figure out how to bypass the automated system .to speak to rep.

Your right from what I been reading is that it will go to the account number on ur bank well my account number matches my return so that's how we will get it y'all think to much in to this just wait an see u will have it soon

Lmclevlan but the problem im having is where in the world did you see that turbotax said we will recieve a paper check.i have yet to see that.?? Thats whats causing alot of problems

Like i said before its a actual bank account and if your routing numbers and acc number match with your tax return thats where its going.i have searched and sesrched and i have not seen yet where a offcial from the company has said we will get a paper check.people are over thinking this.there is no problem.people are creating problems.show me where they said this.why would there be a problem since it is a actual bank account.that i actually use for work with direct deposit

Lmcleven
Returning Member

I called to find out if i need to update my my info and was told that if fees was taken out through SBTG then we will receive paper check. Then i came here to see what is being said. Idk if it is true or not and i agree that it is a account number and routing number and we should all get it the same way as everyone else. 

The Turbo card is NOT a SBTPG product. If you look at the information from Turbotax, especially if you got a loan, it does not include SBTPG in it.

Im just gonna gonwith the answer from green dot bank itself. That someone posted.   

Yes this is not a sbtg card people are making a problem out of nothing.this is a greendot card and its green dot bank.not santa barbara group bank.people are causing problems.just sit back and relax if it matches your green dot bank account with the info the irs has then thats where it is going

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies