turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

I’ve read that deposits may have went out today. If not today Monday. Wouldn’t that mean  everything is finalized.   So you guys should know something. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t go to the turbo card? 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Can anyone tell me how I contact irs to change info. I don’t have time to wait  to see if maybe I might get it  or not . And  no way I can wait for check in mail that may not get here till September.

@Crun420  like will you get it today? I really don't know my mission today was is it going on my green dot bank turbo card and I came up with yes like my pic above says, the payments according to the news are supposed to start going today but there's millions and millions of these payments going out so they're saying it could take up to 2 weeks for direct deposit 

So is the Turbo Debit card issued by this bank? I could find nothing on the turbo site (where you check your balance) relating to this bank.

@guitarman4875 - look at the card - what bank is listed? that is where your money is FDIC insured, 

All I really want to know if I will get stimulus on my turbo card. I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t go to card . But getting yes no answers from turbo reps worries me.  They never seem to have direct answers . I’ve had nothing but problems with them this year.

@guitarman4875 You can go to turbo tax card website . It gives you account info . I’m not sure if that what your looking for . Also on your tax return forms it has all bank info listed there

Where did you find this information? Can you post a link to this?

Well Intuit contracted with green dot. Intuit promoted this product as an easy direct deposit solution. Just like a bank account they said. So green dot or not, Intuit is responsible.  And the fact that they can't give a straight f***ing answer is infuriating to say the least. They created this mess, they better have an immediate solution if we can't get our stimulus deposited to these (apparently) junk cards.

You can also download the card app it has a east way to look at balance without having to call or type info everytime

Exactly girl, How they don’t know anything yet and they work so closely with the IRS.. The IRS has started issuing them and they still haven’t come to a decision about this or worked this out for us ..... But TurboTax know exactly how much they charge you when you file and they know exactly how they getting their money off the top of your deposits and so on.. Now they don’t know....OKAY

If washington and all its elected officials want americans to receive there stimulus money fast to help boost americas economy then im hoping someone up there is smart enough to say HEY LETS MAKE SURE THIS MONEY CAN GO INTO PREPAID CARDS . that way millions of us can get that money fast and start spending it fast 

Any news in if they are going to deposit them or if we are receiving a check in the mail?

The Turbo Card is not a temporary card like some others offer. SBTG had a temporary card and that has brought some confusion since our fees are processed through them. Any prepaid card, like Chime, Green Dot, Bluebird)  that is connected to your SS# and allows direct deposit is considered a bank account. Even the government uses these cards to issue many payments. Stimulus checks will be deposited into those same prepaid accounts for people on Soc. Security and a few others (railroad). I, personally, have already started getting some of my paycheck direct deposited onto my Turbo Card and I’ve used Bluebird by AMEX for 10 years as my primary banking source. I’ve even received unemployment benefits on these cards.   Any direct deposit system WILL recognize these accounts as checking accounts. As long as you haven’t cancelled your account with Green Dot Turbo Card, you shouldn’t have any issues whatsoever with the direct deposit. Best of luck to you all! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies