Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

@Jcordle89 - the 'professionals' on this community board are professions when ti comes to tax law.  That is quite different than understanding the operational processing between the IRS, the Banks and the taxpaper.  

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Then they shouldn't be responding at all giving us multiple answers that none of know are correct..... right???

Anybody find a definite answer to this yet?

Jgosnell
Returning Member

Any updates on our stimulus checks going to our debit cards? Like others the mixed answers from calling an agent and what we recieve here aren't doing much to alleviate our worries. If you can't have our payments deposited to the card, what will be the course of action that needs to be taken to prevent waiting for a check in the mail for months to come?

Adill40

So if they aren’t going on our turbo tax debit card how can we change the info in turbo tax?? I’m not waiting for a check, when I should be able to change my direct deposit info.

@Adill40 - you can change to direct deposit only when the IRS provides a website for that to occur.  They have not done so yet.  Check their FAQ's 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Jmichau
Returning Member

So when I received my card. I got a form with it for direct deposit for the card. Can I put that info in to receive on the card?

Jmichau
Returning Member

Ok. So with my card I received the info to have money DD to it. Can I out that info on the treasury site and have it go on card?

Okay so you all are saying my turbo tax card I got from you all with green dot bank I wont be able to have the stimulus money dd on it?... they have my direct deposit info

I called turbo tax and an employee told me that I will be receiving my stimulus payment on my turbo card so I dont know why your answer here is no

I was able to get a PDF of my tax return (tax form 1040) from TurboTax and IT DOES HAVE MY TURBO PREPAID CARD INFORMATION AS MY DIRECT DEPOSIT INFORMATION. I'm not going to say it is true, but in my opinion, YES, I believe my stimulus check will get sent to my Turbo Prepaid Account.

AAR4994

Says no because turbo cards go through third party, irs won’t deposit to third part accounts

From my understanding turbo tax gets the payment then sends it to the turbo cards so the irs doesnt directly send it. But then one turbo tax agent said its direct from irs. I just put my info into the turbo tax site for them to send to the irs for my new bank and account info. It was a process but I have been on disability so only on 2018 did I file and since someone said no it wont come to the turbo card i redid the info on it immediately. 

AAR4994

Answers to Common Questions

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will be distributing Economic Impact Payments directly to taxpayers and TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information, therefore our agents can not answer any questions regarding these payments.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

This isn't true at all because any bank is a third party

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies