turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

I think I agree with the above commenter who has also use TurboTax for years. If you guys cannot get this together then why would we use TurboTax again?

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Dave F, if you truly are a TurboTax employee than you do realize that we pay your wages correct? So the smart comments and the SAS could probably remain to a minimum if you want us to return next year and pay to use your service thus giving you a paycheck sir

Thanks David D. I did not realize that it is actually just a tool to get people to file. So thank you for that information because I was very frustrated, not realizing why it would not let me go through to change my bank information.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates " (edited) 

From <https://app.slack.com/client/T043HRCUM/CRPRVC78S/thread/CRPRVC78S-1586207505.052100>

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So in other words you guys have no clue. You are supposed to be professionals. I expect an answer (a correct answer). Not some waffling pass the buck b.s. You guys need to get it together and get us a definitive answer NOW. And if it can not be used to direct deposit the stimulus check you guys need to offer a direct deposit solution IMMEDIATELY. Your company provided the shoddy product that apparently will not allow us to receive the stimulus by direct deposit.

I was wondering why there are a yes and no answer within the same thread? And through out the community its the same thing? I have the same card account that is on my tax form. Is there anyway to get a definite answer?

So I just got off the phone with another agent and she told me YES I will receive my stimulus check on my turbo debit card. So, what is it? YES OR NO????????? You people should really have a definitive answer by now. And if the answer is no you need to provide a solution for updating our direct deposit info immediately. Not tomorrow or the day after but IMMEDIATELY. Your company sold this turbo debit card as a direct deposit solution (and a way to receive an advance on our federal return}. So it is on your company to provide an accurate answer and (if need be) an IMMEDIATE solution.  Seriously get it together Turbo Tax.

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Currently, the only way to get new bank account info to the IRS is to file your 2019 taxes if you haven't already, and provide your bank account details if you're receiving a refund. We will update this page if/when the IRS makes any changes.

For those that received their refund on Turbo Card, we are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

I have seen the tax experts say checks will be deposited on our turbo tax card and then some tax experts say no. Which is the correct answer? Will be deposited or not??

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates: IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

@Sanderschan6494

Turbo tax can partner with the irs to help with the stimulus they should more than have the capability to put the funds on the cards its whether or not they choose to or not and nothing more. Of we cant get our refunds like everyone else who had direct depisit because they offered us this card its not right. If it shows on my dd on page 2 of my tax form and I got my refund just fine I should be entitled like everyone else here to get my stimulus check the same way.

So does that mean we have to have an actual bank account not a prepaid account to get the deposit

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

It is still to be determined if the deposit will go through the third party processing bank. We are currently working with the IRS to determine how the stimulus payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available:

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

So if it is not determined yet will that delay the deposits? Or can it go through automatically? Do you guys know? Or is it you dont know if you will go through and it might just go through?

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies