Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

@Shaad215  when I talk to the TurboTax representative today she said it would go on the turbo cards but where did you read that

Nt2
Level 3

@bobbyd575 @Deemarie1223 If anyone has a phone number can you please post it? Sorry for buggin, it’s just crazy how you can’t get ahold of them as easy as it should be 

I was able to talk to someone from turbotax today and he assured me that the stimulus check will be deposited to the Turbo Debit Card if that was what was used for my tax refund.  I don't understand why it wouldn't go on there. They should be able to say one way or another seeing that they have "teamed" up with the IRS. Such bull. I am still not reassured,

@Feffq95  I only called once but yeah she said they'll just be released to the cards tomorrow so hopefully all the people you talked to was right and the person I talked to him they said they just got it confirmed yesterday that it will be on our TurboTax cards

Its online google it  they post it 1 hour ago

feffq... you rock, thanks for Calling so much. Would you mind sharing the phone number you called? I couldn’t get anyone to answer.

I edited my other comment because I had to spell out the phone number because they deleted it so it's up there for you guys, And I'm not sure about the seven different people somebody else talked to but this person seemed very certain of what was going on.

@Nt2  eight hundred- four four sixty-eight eight four eight... was able to speak to someone yesterday on that number. I was on hold for about 20-25 mins but I got through.  Hope this helps. 

I think it's safe to say allot of people won't be returning to turbo tax next year. Your company has one job and your not doing it. It's bad enough your customer service lines are down, but everyone who used turbo tax is waiting longer than everyone else and on top of that, you can't even provide answers? Not good enough. Not for return business, anyway.

I'm still a little confused about...well, what all of the confusion is about. Look at your tax return. Page 2. Is there an account number/routing number? Does that account/routing # go to a currently valid account (including a turbotax card)? If so, THAT is the information the IRS has in their system; THAT is what the IRS will attempt to deposit the stimulus to. Turbotax has no further part in it beyond initially filing the form. Yes, a 3rd party was contracted to withdraw fees from the deposit sent to your TurboTax (GreenDot actually) card after the amount was sent by the IRS. But that doesn't affect the stimulus. If the IRS was sent a valid routing and account #, they WILL attempt to deposit your stimulus to that account. Period.

I can't comment on what the situation is with people who got RAL's; I have never applied for nor gotten one. I don't know what information was put on anyone's tax form in that instance. However, I do know that the TurboTax card is a valid account for deposits, not a "temporary" one; I receive my paycheck on it every two weeks. So I can't imagine a scenario that the IRS "just wouldn't send it to that account". While I understand everyone being antsy about getting the money, I'm still trying to understand a valid reason why we wouldn't. And yes; someone at my job received a notification from the Turbotax application on their Iphone yesterday about a pending deposit; I saw the notification myself, stating it would be applied on 4/15, and they DID have fees taken directly out of their tax refund. They did not get an RAL, so again, I can't speak on anything more.

Yes! I wanted to call so many times to see if I got different answers and they were the same every time! The number is [phone number removed] press 1 and then press 1 for US. I promise you will hear the same thing I did lol it is for sure going on your turbo tax card

@ETeasley  it says ur number is removed , why is that ??

I'm calling again right now.  I'm on hold...let's see if I get a different answer. 

Ok here’s a good question for you All. I filed and received my taxes on Turbo card this past year. So I checked my account (turbo card) nothing was there. Checked my bank ( Woodforest) account and there was a deposit there. Only $1200 of the $3400 we were supposed to get. So tell me this, how did it get put in my account if my return this year had the routing and account number for turbo card account???????

Brecus

turbotax  is a horrible unprofessional company that only cares about the money they are making. I called wondering on a date for my stimulus check, all for them to have an automatic robot at the end not doing anything to help what so ever, just repeats itself over and over and sends you a useless link about the stimulus that doesn't have any answers to our questions.  If you want to speak to a representative you have to pay for 30 dollars. What kind of bull is that, sounds super fishy and unprofessional. How are you going to charge 30 dollars to speak to a representative and we are all out of money suffering from Corona virus, sounds money hungry to me. And at that, they were just blasted on the news for lying, saying that filing was free but yet they charged everyone 90 bucks to file and everyone was entitled to compensation back meaning they wrongly charged people to do "free" taxes smh. I hope we all go on strike and put this company out of buisness. We have bills to pay and everyone who filed is already getting there money no later than Wednesday. I really do hope that we get our freaking money before the end of this month because we all have bills that are due ! Remember that next time turbo tax when u take extra money out of people's taxes and make them wait on a check in the mail when every other tax company is loading automatically to their card this week. Shame on u turbotax I hope my comment helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies