Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

@Lilabrooks26 wrote:

Do I need to update my information for the stimulus check after I already filed with turbo tax and I received my refund on the card

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

Lilabrooks26
Returning Member

Ok thank you for the update

Clemons29

Will my stimulus check come on the 15th on my turbo card i got from filing my taxes ? 

@Jzenor87  wrote:

Well why would turbo tax know? They're a third party company, the IRS is completely at a loss of how to handle this and was not prepared for it at all, until they figure it out and let turbotax know (which is unlikely any time soon) then turbotax wont know.

Just a note to Thank You for this response.  You are only one of a very few who seems to understand.

Kjherms123
Returning Member

I can now verify that the turbo tax card will work i just now got a notification from the turbo card app saying that my $1200 deposit is now being processed so I expect it to be on my card here soon. I hope this helps anyone that still needs verification. 

Self explanatory !!! The same way you received it 2018 and 2019 that’s how you will receive it and if you don’t have those accounts anymore then you will receive a check they know exactly what’s going on NO they weren’t prepared but now they are and they’ve said it so many times how ppl will and will not receive them! So if you DO NOT HAVE THOSE ACCOUNTS you will get a check mailed so if you received your refund on the Turbo card then that’s how you will receive the stimulus check! 

I had fees taken out before I got my return. Did you have fees taken out?

Trbocide
Returning Member

I would also like to know. In this thread, and others, we who have used TurboTax are wondering. How interesting that TurboTax has partnered with the IRS for those who have not filed for 1 to 2 years. However, we the (some) paying customers get the equivalent to “We don’t know, but we’ll let you know when we know.” On another thread users argue with one another in desperation because we ALL want our stimulus payment. The frustration is due to TurboTax. 
The IRS is launching a portal for those that wish to update direct deposit information. Do you believe we will get a straight answer from TurboTax before then? 

Kjherms123
Returning Member

I'll post that info as soon as it actually goes through, as of now the only info I have it the notification that stated " a $1200 deposit is now being processed." From the turbo card app. 

Elhtablet

why does it say here that NETSPEND bank has already received their deposits if the turbo tax cards are through NETSPEND and we have not received them?ABBC1EE1-0CC1-4B32-AC75-81AAE3D766EF.png

where did you get the notification? On your Phone or email, I signed up for notifications and never get them. Also did you have fees or an advance taken out? 

Kjherms123
Returning Member

My notification came over my phone not email, well at least I havent checked yet. I should have screenshot but I clicked it to see if it was in my account or not and now it's gone. The money hasn't gone through yet though so still waiting to see if fees are taken out. Just glad to have the peace of mind that the card actually works. 

Skellingj
Returning Member

I really don't understand why your all saying turbo tax intercepts our return. If you look on your tax papers, the bank number and routing number are the same number for your card if you look on the app.

@Elhtablet 

Turbo cards are NOT thru NetSpend they are they green dot.

@Elhtablet  NetSpend is with Meta bank corp

Nothing to do with greendot.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies