Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

Sit down an have you a couple more plates of biscuits an gravy...I can read that

@CoronaGuy  people are already getting deposit notifications for their turbo card. 

How can you be sure? 

WRONG! I just now this morning, 13 Apr, received a txt from turbocard saying $1200 deposit on Wed 15 Apr. 

I also filed with refund to turbocard. If the account is active, meaning u didt cancel the card, the stimulus will deposit to your turbo card 

@ObrianthaWiseGuy wrote:

How can you be sure? 

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

OMG how nasty can u b. It's people like you who give this country a bad name. Shame!

Omg you people are acting like children all people are doing are trying to help with what information they may have to answer your constant repeating questions if you don't believe what some one says don't believe it but also don't be a d$#k about it either

Everyone needs to realize that INTUIT that puts out the DIY income tax program and  has nothing to do with the GreenDot card that only has the TurboTax name on it for advertising.   Asking these questions about what will happen with the GreenDot card on the TT forum is not going to produce an answer you like.  

That said ... other Greendot users who did use the refund processing service HAVE reported getting notification from the debit card of the pending deposit ... so all you can do is wait for your notification to come.  NO ONE on this forum can tell you anything concrete about your situation. 

If you have already filed a 2019 return there is nothing you can do until something happens on the IRS side… and they are ahead of schedule which is evidenced by the test deposit notifications some saw over the weekend. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done. 

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal (now expected by 4/17) then you can check on the status and/or  update your information at that time.    https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

irs  filers .png

So I'm confused as to why people are already getting paperchecks already and checks on h and r block card it says specifically on your website of you have filed already and received a green dot bank account it will be deposited what's the hold up????!!!!! I have gone 28 days without unemployment! I am hungry I can't buy groceries I can't do anything let's get it together.

For the people that so called got their direct deposit umm why are you still here🙄🤔🤔

stayce1
Returning Member

So what if you used Turbo tax and did have the  prep fee taken out of refund.  Will it still go to a Green Dot card?  I have had the Green dot for years, just a prepaid card,  even DD from employee goes on it.  I have not seen a notification from them yet giving any info.   

@stayce1 wrote:

So what if you used Turbo tax and did have the  prep fee taken out of refund.  Will it still go to a Green Dot card?  I have had the Green dot for years, just a prepaid card,  even DD from employee goes on it.  I have not seen a notification from them yet giving any info.   

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

@Cambam9133 wrote:

So I'm confused as to why people are already getting paperchecks already and checks on h and r block card it says specifically on your website of you have filed already and received a green dot bank account it will be deposited what's the hold up????!!!!! I have gone 28 days without unemployment! I am hungry I can't buy groceries I can't do anything let's get it together.

💀 on.... 

if you have a turbo tax card your money will be deposited on the car in I filed with the free file as long as that card still active in you didn’t take the advance mine was posted today money will be ready Wednesday 15

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies