Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

@Nottanymoe2020 

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

How do you know this? 

@moosemarie wrote:

This is absolutely ridiculous. Turbotax can set up portals WITH the IRS to be sure that any individual that hasn't or doesn't need to file a tax return can use their portal to do so and to get their stimulus money, but they can't also speak to the IRS and come up with a way to make sure that their PAYING CUSTOMERS, like me,  who have been using Turbotax for years, get their stimulus payments on these Turbo cards?? I have done my return through TT and also helped my son's, their girlfriends and a ton of my friends complete their tax returns through TT for many years and I think it says a lot that TT didn't feel the need to go out of their to help their CURRENT CUSTOMERS in this time of need. I also will never use them again for myself and will make sure my kids and friends start using a different company as well from here on out of they figure this out us.

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

Can you validate your statement I don’t think everyone is just on line expressing nonsense the community just won’t Clarity thank you for the information 

@moosemarie 

You have not been reading many of the posts on all these threads ... many have posted DD to the debit cards are pending ... so all you can do is wait patiently while they get to you ... the IRS has MILLIONS of these to distribute and a limited amount of equipment & humans to do the job ... DD will take the next 2 weeks to go out and then the paper checks will be going out in batches.  

The IRS is supposed to have a portal opening on Friday where you can check the progress of your stimulus check ... that is where you will get the info not thru TT which has nothing to do with the GreenDot card you have (other than they brand the card with their name).  

If you have already filed a 2019 return there is nothing you can do until something happens on the IRS side… and they are ahead of schedule which is evidenced by the test deposits some saw on Friday. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done. 

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal (now expected by 4/17) then you can check on the status and/or  update your information at that time.    https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

irs  filers .png

CAmmons50

I was just wondering  what should we do should we update or info or wait and see what they gone do

lol u say u guys still waiting but the other agent well shall I say agents says we will get the cash on our turbo card seems like u all just giving us the run around cause on the sb website they say they are not and the irs will be sending us checks ?? so u guys are giving us the bs run around seems like 

@Champlee wrote:

lol u say u guys still waiting but the other agent well shall I say agents says we will get the cash on our turbo card seems like u all just giving us the run around cause on the sb website they say they are not and the irs will be sending us checks ?? so u guys are giving us the bs run around seems like 

• Amen! First and last time I ever do business with them!

So exactly which routing number should we have then? Can you tell us that much??

I guess we will see 

melimat19

Screenshot_2020-04-13-10-24-03.png

i got a notification that mine was being deposited so id say if your card is still active, likely thats where youll get it. 

If it lets anyone rest a little easier, I called Intuit this morning (about 9 AM CST) and was able to get ahold of a person within two minutes. I asked her if I would receive my Stimulus Check on my Turbo Card. She checked my 2019 return and said:

“Yes, since your refund was direct deposited into the Turbo Card, that is exactly how you will receive your Stimulus Check. The IRS is getting your direct deposit information from the return, so that is how they will know to use that account and routing number. Do you still have your card?” 

I said yes, and she told me that my Stimulus Check will be in my account by Wednesday (April 15th.) 

Just for reference, I filed my taxes through their Free File option and I did NOT get a Refund Advance, so I don’t know if either of those effect whether or not you will get your check on the Turbo Card. 

DavisL59
Returning Member

I never even received a card since February! I have money in my account I can’t touch and no one is available to answer the phones. How can I get my federal refund off my card? 

I got a notice from turbotax saying my stimulus payment was deposited that was friday. its Monday and still isn't showing 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies