turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1,783 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

We do not have an official word from the IRS as to how the stimulus checks will be issued in this situation.  We will post any updates on our website:  

Please see the following articles for the latest information on the stimulus check:  

Everyone says they have no idea but if you look at your tax return (federal) they have the account/routing numbers for the greendot card listed in the direct deposit portion. I do not see how the government would distinguish the difference. I am betting the deposit will be on the card. 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The IRS can distinguish the Green Dot cards by the bank routing number associated with them.  Again, we do not have any official word from the IRS, but will let you know when we do!

When will you have the info because people are getting them now and I didn't file my taxes with you guys and get your stupid card to have a check mailed to me

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

Please visit this link for updates:  Covid-19 Update 

[Edited KarenM90 4.11.2020 11:27 am]

@Angel1020

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What is the real reason that Turbotax does not have this information about the direct deposits to the cards? Millions of us have used your tax program and used the direct deposit option with the turbotax card. This card also can be used for direct deposit for a job or a government direct deposit such as disability and so on. How in the world can't this account be used for the stimulus check if it can be used for everything else? So confused on what the real answer is to this question. Please someone help us! We are already dealing with enough on a daily basis with Covid-19. Just let us know the real answer already, not an automated system response or going around the question. We need real answers now so that we know what to expect from here on out! Turbotax needs to stop looking at the money part of it(trying to gain new customers during this time) but instead help the faithful customers that have been here for years! The ppl like me that depend on you, year after year to get my taxes done quickly but pay good money to do so. HELP! 

that awkward moment when you didnt read the last comment posted before posting your own.

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

@ETeasley

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax does not handle your refund at all. Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC (SBTPGis the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

How exactly do you not have an answer when they have already started sending out checks 

I see all these people asking the question about if they had fees taken out if they will receive the money on our turbo card. If that is a problem then wouldn't it be because TT used a temporary account to take their fees first? If that is the case then why does the .pdf I'm able to download showing my 2020 taxes reflect the routing and account number on my turbo card. If they used a temporary account then the taxes papers they gave me are not the exact files they submitted to the IRS. My question is why hasn't TT anticipated this and either temporarily opened the same accounts to allow the money to flow through to the actual accounts. Thus eliminating any hold ups and also helping the IRS by not expecting them to tell them how to allow people to have access to their money. Either way I will be keeping this in mind next tax season. If TT can't give answers to why the money isn;t able to just go straight to the right account it could only mean that the temporary account they used to first remove their fees is where the problem with this all lies. Side note if my account and routing number on my TT card are same as they are on my taxes. Then the only reason it wouldn't be able to just be deposited is because they did not submit the same tax forms to the IRS as the ones they are providing me "copies" of.

Because if you had fees taken out the account and routing number you see on your taxes isn't the account and routing number they submitted to the IRS. They submitted their temporary account and routing number to get your taxes, take out their fees, then send the remaining to you.

If you look on your card you will notice but it says and comes from Green Dot banking Green Dot banking also runs chime chime is already giving out advancements on the stimulus money which is why certain people have gotten it but most have not because their advancements have went to a limited number of customers

But if they're going by what’s on our 1040 forms then it matches my current banking/routing number with them. Why would they not use the information on the 1040 form? Also I remember when I first got approved they gave me a temporary online card number completely different from the official card that arrived? Maybe they mean if you just got your advance in that card then the temp card info won’t be getting it but the irs used the banking and routing numbers on the 1040 form to direct deposit to my official card once it came in. All I know is that I will 100% NOT be using turbo tax next year if this doesn’t go through because people with Venmo already are and that’s ridiculous. I’ve been paying the $50-$120 options just to give turbo tax some money for how quick they always get my return but that’ll def stop and I’ll just be going through the H&R Block, they at least already gave a definitive answer. “Tax experts” saying yes others saying no others saying it doesn’t matter as long as your 1040 matches. No thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies