Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

In my opinion and this is just my opinion, I feel if we couldn't get them on our cards the IRS more than likely would have made a statement. IDC if anyone agrees with what I say that's my opinion and I'm not asking for agreement. I have looked over my tax papers many time and nothing says any other bank numbers temporary or not, the only one on there was the one that exactly matches my direct deposit numbers on my turbo card account...again just my opinion.

I feel what you are saying. I just am worried that not one employee or " tax expert " as they call them on here has said anything like what u just said. It makes so much sense that I can't understand why they keep on with the robot script answer. What does make sense is that if there was a temp number that sbtpg had to get their money out first then this is exactly what these turbo tax employees would be saying. And the part that pisses me off is why they just can't say as of right now you won't get it on your card but we are trying to change that.  U literally can not get one to have any kind of normal conversation with you and that reeks of them being told to answer in that way and only that way.  And just like u said it's only my opinion.  But if it was all good and we was just waiting on the 15th to get our money like everyone else then they would not be instructed to give scripted vague answers. 

But seriously. On this Easter day I pray to little baby Jesus in the manger to please give everyone at turbo tax the Corona virus in their booty holes 

I already set up a chime account.  If it gets to the 17th and my check isn't on it's way then I'll use my chime account for my check and will be cutting my tt card up and never using TurboTax again

Will it be coming wed I know people who have chime and it's the same green dot company does that mean I would receive my stimulus check wed 

They won't even tell us for sure if it's coming on our cards this company is pathetic I will definitely be using H&R block next time they at least give you a **bleep**ing answer hell even answered about our **bleep** because of it being the same Banking company for answers I suggest trying to get a hold of Green Dot Banking that's what I am doing tomorrow

Honestly stop responding . You are doing more harm than good 

You "tax experts" are a bunch of lazy customer service representatives that I have ever dealt with. You have tons of CUSTOMERS asking the same question, " will our stimulus checks be deposited on your turbo tax green dot cards that YOUR company issued us to receive direct deposit of our tax return? And all of you " tax experts" copy and paste the same useless response. The government has started to send the stimulus direct deposits out already so your company should have been provided with the answer either yes or no, why you guys are not sharing that information with your valued customers is total b.s. I know for a fact the stimulus direct deposits have gone on to H&R Blocks Emerald Cards as well as Chime cards and many other prepaid debit cards so if indeed our stimulus will not be on our turbo tax green dot card than I hate to inform you but you will have a LOT of angry customers and guarantee in the future we will remember this HUGE inconvenience and never use turbo tax again. This is a stressful time for everyone as it is and you lazy turbo tax tax experts that rather copy and paste the same response instead of really looking into this for us and taking the time to type a real response that provides your customers with some insight are just making this time even more stressful. I hope the ceo see's what kind of lazy employees they have working for their company. I have taken many screenshots of all the "tax experts" answering our question with the same word for word answer that provides no direction or help and I will be sharing them on social media as well with the bbb.

People are struggling and can’t get info we did are taxes through you guys gave us the cards but have no anwser which is kinda infuriating and keep making comments 

A lot of people that I know there bank recieved there checks but they  cant touch it til April 15th maybe they have been sent to the turbo tax cards but your just not seeing them til the 15th. My best bet would be to check your TT card the 15th and see if it's been deposited or not. 

The Turbo Card can receive direct deposits from employers and is considered our direct deposit info when we get our refund from the IRS and the stimulus check is coming from the IRS so why wouldn't it be deposited on our Turbo Cards? 

The IRS said those with 'direct deposit' info on record with them will be given the check on their account. Basically saying that however you got your tax refund is the same way you will receive your stimulus check. So why is there even a question as to if we will get our checks on the card....its a bank account aka 'direct deposit'.

Turbo Tax literally works hand in hand with the IRS/Treasury Dept so there should be no issue whatsoever or problem with communicating. Prepaid cards are not a new thing. Either are government checks. 

medeski7

I found this article. Hopefully it answers your question.

https://pointmetotheplane.boardingarea.com/register-for-stimulus-payment/

It does kinda help so thank you.. what doesn't help are the employees on this site.. I have used TT for years the company's website to do my taxes is actually great and easy, it's the banks that always seem to screw me over greendot and sbtpg one way or another fees ECT. But this time they really done it.. I suggest TT cut there losses with those banks and get a new one, I think you will be losing alot of business by staying with them, including me never again will I do my taxes with them unless they change banks

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The IRS is preparing Websites to update information and check your filing status.

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having my paychecks deposited to my turbo tax card and they have been going on it for almost 2 months now..i dont see why the stimulus wont..the same routing and acct# is the same on my 1040

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies