turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will i receive my stimulus on my Turbo card.

Others have received confirmation that they will have a deposit on the 15th why would i not get notified
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.  We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I receive social security survivor benefits for me and two children . I filed a tax return in 2019 because of educational grants. Even though I wasn't required to file because my AGI was 0$.I needed to know  if there's anything else I need to do if I received my refund via direct deposit. Will my stimulus automatically go into my bank account. 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If you have been receiving social security through direct deposit, you do not need to file a return to receive the payment.  

You do not need to do anything.  The government has your banking information and will send you the fund.

@mommaskeen

I did file , I also received a educational credit and received a refund on my turbo visa card ! Does that mean it'll go on my turbo visa card I have from my tax return refund .

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.  We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.
Eb 48

Hi i never received a turbo card

MayaD
Employee Tax Expert

Did you choose to get your Federal tax refund deposited to a Turbo Visa Debit Card, but you didn't receive the card?

Eb 48

I cant remember the opitions. Because my student loans has taken my taxes for the past 12 years i knew i wouldn't get anything back.

Eb 48

I do have a direct deposit set up with my employer. But how will i get the information to the irs if they arent taking calls?

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Please view this IRS link and use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment and submit your direct deposit information.

I received my refund on a TT prepaid card. My tax return shows the debit card direct deposit routing and checking number. I went on the IRS stimulus payment tool and put in my information. It did not get a status! I had to input all of my direct deposit information because it did NOT HAVE MY TURBOTAX CARD INFORMATION. SO now I entered my Varo bank acct info so I can get it DD into there. I suggest if you used TT prepaid card, go on IRS to check payment status. This sucks, now I have to wait and my Bill's re piling up!  

SerenC

I used the Turbo card for 2019 taxes and the stimulus did NOT get deposited onto it. I went to the IRS site this morning and it said that they did not have enough info to deposit it. Even though my tax docs had the routing/acct number on it. I updated the DD info but it's very discouraging because it pushes it out even further now. Very disappointed TurboTax customer. 

SerenC

**It did not go on my Turbo card** I'm not sure how true this is. I used the TurboTax card last year for taxes and the stimulus was not deposited onto it. The IRS tool said they did not have enough info to deposit it, even though my tax docs have the routing/acct #. 

I too had my refund deposited to my turbo card, and when I went to the irs site, I had to update my deposit info. They did not have the turbo card info stored. Now it’ll be ‘several days’ till it is deposited. Why would it be like this for me and thousands of others?

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies