turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DlmTrm
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will i rec my stimulus check on my turbo tax card if I filed my taxes w them this year as a direct deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will i rec my stimulus check on my turbo tax card if I filed my taxes w them this year as a direct deposit?

The IRS will be sending IRS-issued checks to those customers. They are still working on an IRS portal to enter banking information if a customer wants to receive payment by direct deposit. https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

Santa Barbara TPG clients - get all of the latest information about the CARES Act Coronavirus Stimulus Payment from the IRS.

Edited 04/07/2020

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DlmTrm
Returning Member

Ok well now I'm confused because I got a response yesterday only i asked the question in a different way or not as much detail and was told that it would. It be deposited to my card. What would cause my card to be inactive or how do I tell if jts still active or not as well?

DlmTrm
Returning Member

Screenshot_2020-04-07-13-38-07.png

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. 

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

EDITED 04/08/2020

Jess42080

Well this is confusing because Turbo Tax employees are telling people on their Facebook page that those who got refunds on a turbo card will also get their stimulus that way??

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

It is confusing, and we are providing you with the most current information we have.

This doesn't make sense the irs has the direct deposit information from the turbotax card that was issued to me for 2019 taxes, but yet your telling us that we have to go and register this same information on the portal that's being setup?      That's so contradictory because I see employee replies saying yes we'll get the stimulus on the card and then you say no it's not going on there.    Instead of making excuses as to you updating us when you get more info why dont you just give us a straight YES or NO and stop jerking us around...   I knew I should have stayed with H&R for my taxes instead of this overglorified hoax company that still managed to charge me $140 for my return when they advertise it for free but yet I couldnt find the free part anywhere when I filed 

Manage cookies