Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

We willy

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

A glitch in their software. I just received an email stating that my return was rejected due to a software glitch. It stars to follow the directions and it will be corrected. 

Allankuo
Returning Member

I finally got the famous rejection email an hour ago and went to "fix" my return.

Of course there is nothing to fix, no error at all! Now I resubmitted again and it's in "pending" status as usual. So my pending status is re-clocked and another 48 hours waiting time to see what happen I guess?

ZandImom

They had an error in the software that doesn’t allow you to get the benefit of some right offs. I received and email this afternoon. All I had to do was log in and resubmit because the error didn’t pertain to me. If it does pertain to you, you may be eligible for a larger refund if you are receiving one.

Just received a email stating my state was rejected due to a error

with there software! 

DD303953-6BAD-453E-8B4D-14C06C5A3517.png

I resubmitted with “fix” (actually no fix, just a warning msg saying software error), and 30min later it got rejected again.

You log in to verify if it is in fact rejected?  I got a delayed text message after submitting for the second time stating it was rejected, but I think that message was for the original rejection, but it just came late after the original email rejection letter?

We call contribute to the graph of traffic surgeCapture.JPG

Mine also resubmitted

I received a rejection email at 3:05pm due to their software error, I logged on, did a “fix” and filed again at 3:32pm. Then, at 3:51pm, received another rejection email. I logged back in, did another “fix” which was basically nothing... re-filed at 4:02pm. It’s been over 1/2 hr and no rejection email yet, so hopefully, it’s going to be accepted this time. 

Yes both rejected. So tried 3rd time now. Exactly same email, same error. This is ridiculous.

lol

D79E8363-FCF9-40AD-B6AE-6D6E61C4228A.png

Just refiled them. No mistakes showed up at all 🤷🏻‍♀️ We will see if they get accepted!

Just checked the efile history: 4:04pm, the return was forwarded to state agency.

I just did the same check...and I have the exact same forwarded time of 4:04pm. I submitted my correction much earlier so perhaps Turbotax double checked it before forwarded to cal state.

Here is my timeline per e-file history:

2:57pm - CA return rejected

3:13pm - CA return received by turbo tax (my re-submission)

4:04 pm - CA return forwarded to CA state

LZ80521: I would go through the rejection email thoroughly and follow all steps it says.  I wouldn't just rely on the "fix" button and resubmit.  Go through everything.

Also, the late rejection text that I got came before the state received mine, so I'm hoping it was indeed sent in error (delayed versus the earlier/original rejection email).

Tax.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies