Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is SBTPG holding refunds?

So my direct deposit date was February 25 2022 sbtpg said my bank rejected my refund not sure why and that they would mail me a check that was in February I call and call they always say some different date on mailing a check I. Never got a check even though they claimed to mailed it twice to me they had me fill out a indemnity bond form so they can reissue me another one well I did even got it notarized sent it back to them again they said they mail a check but I never got anything after filing couple complaints with better business bureau and FTC even my attorney general I was able to get the email address of the top people at that sbtpg I emailed them everyday finally Jeff called me he overnighted my check a x I’m getting it tomorrow through fed ex anyone.need help getting there checks I can provide you with contact info for these people just had to share that horrible story dealing with sbtpg ridiculous 

@Kingkoopa82  Yes! My DD was issued 2/24/22 and literally step by step, my situation is identical too yours. Please send me the email or contact info for whoever can expedite my check as well. I’m beyond frustrated!! I reached out to the FDIC, in which Green Dot Contacted me directly, but went on to say it could take up to 16wks to return to the IRS. I contacted them as it’s been a month so far and they have yet to send it. Initially they were suppose to send it 6/15/22 (In a batch with other taxpayers checks) then a few wks I called to confirm the returning status and they said they still haven’t sent it. They’re A bunch of Liars & Cons! I feel like this was another way to postpone my refund and build interest. And I need my check asap!! 

LCA043991
Returning Member

@Kingkoopa82 Please send me the email or contact info as well. Thank you !!! 

Don't bother to say they don't hold onto refunds.  It's mid September and our large refund has not been deposited in our bank account.  But the check went to Civista that now says SBTPG has it.  It was cashed on June 2nd according to our local IRS office.  TurboTax where are you.  Is this acceptable.   

CLH

I did not use the refund transfer service.  I paid up front for my copy.  And it still went through these banks.  The local IRS office said my check was cashed on June 2nd.  I still have not received our refund.  

Did you efile a state return?  Did you pay the $20/25 state efile fee by credit card?  Or have it deducted from your refund? Or you might have filed though the online version instead of your Desktop program.  That happens.

I trusted Turbotax.  I've used it for years.  My refund is a big one.  I hope it makes it to my bank someday.

Yes, I filed the state return and don't remember if I paid the state by credit card.  I probably didn't.  I did not have it deducted from my refund.  Why does that make it OK for a bank to hold onto my refund for three and a half months, so far.  

They are holding refunds. It has been 4 months and my account constantly says, to be refunded within 2 days; nobody picks up customer service line. 

I will not be filing with turbotax this year. My refund was processed by irs.gov on May 11th, turbo took out their almost 400 in fees and the balance was transferred in to their account. When I call, my refund is still processing - 4 months later. This is fraud. 

I will not be returning. They are deliberately defrauding people who - if you are being granted a refund, need the money. Unacceptable behavior. 

OceanLee

Hey would you mind sharing the info with me ? 

I have been told that SBTPG sent me my refund to my address but received NO CHECK. I then got the form notarized and still have received NO REFUND CHECK. My refund was sent over to SBTPG on August 3rd. My email is [email address removed]. My refund is suppose to be for $25,305 and I need this money to pay rent or risk being evicted. SBTPG should be Arrested and all its employees face criminal charges as well as Turbo Tax for Fraud and Theft. I am going to have the money sent back to the IRS since I have received NO REFUND. A check never received is a check that was never sent. SBTPG is stealing our money. **bleep** Y*u Turbo Tax and SBTPG you are all crooks and need to be dealt with. 

I have the same problem. SBTPG said they sent check and I filled out indemnity form got it notarized and still no check since August 3rd. Please email me the contact so I can request to have my check overnighted to me as well Please. my email is [email address removed] or [email address removed]. Thank You God Bless

I have the same problem. SBTPG said they sent check and I filled out indemnity form got it notarized and still no check since August 3rd. Please email me the contact so I can request to have my check overnighted to me as well Please. my email is [email address removed] or [email address removed]. Thank You God Bless

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies