Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return still pending?

Same here. I’m the only one out of my family and friends that hasn’t received my return yet. I’m getting worried. 

Also was fed up with turbo filed with my original tax software got approved within seconds and I got my state funds already. I filed with turbo on feb 8th was pending until feb 24th. Filed with my original software got approved within seconds with same info. I’ll stick with what I know for next year 

@mslatinlady 

Yes, I’ve seen the notice on the IRS website as well. At least they are able to tell you there’s an issue and not to worry. AND, you received your refund. Turbo Tax just kept making us wait with no explanations or with a million excuses. 

Both of mine where accepted but it still says I have to mail in something but no advisor will answer me on what I have to mail in as I filed ELECTRONICALLY 

Mine says that it was accepted by the IRS but when I check where’s my refund it shows that it’s being processed. I haven’t received a email saying that there was a issue so what’s wrong? 

If yours says it was Accepted and then you went to the IRS website and it says it's being "Processed", then that is a good sign and it means that the IRS has it and soon you'll get your refund.  The problem appears to be with the many people who filed early (like in January and up until Feb 11) because the IRS did not begin "accepting" any returns until Feb 12, so Turbotax had to "hold" onto the returns of the "early filers" until Feb 12.  That explains the "Federal" returns.

The problem for so may is that our "state" returns were also held on to by Turbotax and these state returns were in a continually "pending" status for a couple of weeks and so as we were posting our complaints here on these message boards, only then did Turbotax become aware that there was a problem with e-filing our State returns.  Turbotax sent some of us an email telling us that our State returns were rejected (meaning that Turbotax rejected them, NOT the state) and that Turbotax would send us an email to instruct us on how to "fix" our return and then re-file it again.  I received that email, I went in and reviewed my return following Turbotax's instructions, and thank the Lord that I was able to file it again and this time the state "Accepted" it and it's now processing. 

I just wish Turbotax would fix the issue entirely once and for all and that they would really be transparent about the entire problem rather than continue to tell people on these message board threads that "they are aware of it" but then many of you never get the email on how to fix the problem.

Well, as for me, I've been using Turbotax for a decade, but I'm going to think twice next year before I buy their product again. 

Sorry TurboTax, it's really the way I feel right now. 

I do pray for all of you that TurboTax will fix your return and file it again properly.

May God bless us all...

@Moore256 where did you file thru ? im thinking of re filing elsewhere.

Am I still going to get a federal tax refund

How much longer

was your return accepted already?

Yes

then you can't refile, you have to wait for your refund. 

@ajwilliams8692 @H and r block

oh wow okay. they were my first issue! I did it thru Free Tax USA and it was accepted in a few mins!

When am I going to get a tax refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies