Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return still pending?

My FL return has been pending since 2/12 and I haven't receive an email or anything. I called IRS and they stated my return had been rejected but turbo telling me its still pending....Want to know what's really going on.

@mrobinson83 @The irs told me the same thing. And I should have been got an email that it was rejected. But yet I was still pending. She told me since I was rejected I could file else where and I did. Within 20 seconds I was accepted 

Thank you for the response, maybe I should try that. The lady at IRS mention that if it was rejected, its like i never filed. so im going to see if i can try what you did...Thamk you

@Moore256 

I agree with everything you are saying.. 100%. I think the only reason I got the email is because I tagged the one that posted that info several times in this forum and then direct messaged her. I also sent a screenshot of that post to the Office of the President and made it clear that it was unacceptable that we were all given that false hope only for the deadline to come and go with no communication whatsoever from TT or Intuit representatives. I’ll copy the email and share it here in a separate comment. I’m probably going to take the time to file with another tax service. It’s Monday. Waiting til Friday adds another 5 days to that 21 day wait. 

@Moore256 - This is the email I received earlier this evening. BCBC5BA5-B65A-4B5C-A3FA-AC1ACD45F39D.jpeg

@Teek21 @My thing is this if the returns are flagged, rejected or missing information why wasn’t an email sent to the customer with the information pertaining to that being the reason? They by law have to send stuff like that to the customer. Not only that how are you going back resolving anything without the customer’s knowledge. When the return is rejected you have  to resign and give turbo tax permission to resend it to the irs. It’s almost like the ones that had they foreign asset problem. Or refilling a return. They just can’t go a change stuff on there end and resend it it doesn’t work like that. Even those from other softwares will tell you when they got rejected they had to go back in a resubmit their return. It makes zero sense. It’s a smoke screen to allowing them more time to figure out issues going on with their software. There’s no way I filled today with a different soft ware and literally within seconds got accepted same information used on turbo tax nothing different but the software. Not only that why are you picking and choosing who to send emails to. When all these people on here used there software. Why shouldn’t everybody had getting that email? There’s a problem and they need fix it. But even if they don’t I will not be a returning customer lesson learned for me. I just pray for everybody else that they get some resolution behind this mess. Especially during these times where a lot of people’s finances are strained. Who has time to play with this service? I think no one.

Jamielea9
Returning Member

My did change to accepted on 2/13 but never received an email. Also seen on Thursday you guys received my payment on my refund, but I still haven't gotten it? Why is that and why does nothing show up anywhere that it's been approved?

Ccoltonk
Returning Member

My fed and state have been rejected !

Please help 

CaseyK !

@Moore256 

I refiled with another tax service tonight (FreeTaxUSA .. recommended by the IRS) and my returns were accepted within half an hour after pending for 11 days. Not only that but my refund was a good bit more.. entering the exact same information! So glad I didn't sit around and wait another week for Turbo Tax to keep me lost and pending in transmission. 

It's got to be an issue with their coding, their software in general, or a problem on their end in regards to early filers. It is definitely NOT the IRS. It is definitely not worth the stress and added anxiety while waiting and wondering. And it definitely wasn't worth the $130 they were going to charge. 

I paid $19 for federal and state filings with audit/chat/and live support thru FTUSA.

Turbo Tax 2021 was definitely a one star experience:

Would NOT recommend. 

Exacty....I was told I should be able to go in fix and resend. I hate the fact that I filed 2/12 and have to wait all those days over again because I wasn’t informed that my return was rejected, I could have corrected it days ago. It’s very upsetting, I’m just getting over Covid, been off of work and in need of my funds. I’ve never had this issue before, it’s unprofessional and unfair.

See I never received anything like this, not 1 email explaining anything. I had to call IRS to find out my return was rejected, I should have to do that. We should be notified immediately of any issue.

It really is terrible business and customer service. Everyone has gone thru so much already since this time last year and the last thing anyone needs is avoidable and unnecessary stress added to it all. Most are needing their refunds ASAP, understandably. 

I am so sorry you’ve been sick with Covid. I hope you are past the worst of it and continue to improve and do well. Do take care.

@Teek21 @I’m so happy you got it resolved. Congrats took less then a day to get approved for ya monayyyy hey!!! And with the other software didn’t have no confusion or was pending for more then 11 days. Just goes to prove our point about they software. Pray the rest of you gets some type Resolution as well. 

@Ccoltonk  @You free from turbo if it was rejected it’s almost like your return is not sent. You can file with another tax software if you would like. Just a little tid bit or you can file again with turbo.

my return On the IRS site just says received and is being Processed.  On turbo tax it says accepted . Now do I go by the fact that it’s just sitting there being processed since the February 12 ?  or will i actually  see something telling me it’s rejected ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies