Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return still pending?

Hmm,  TurboTax 's email says that, for form 1116 (Foreign Tax Credit), "data in the return is missing or invalid".

However:

• the TurboTax application (which is up to date), doesn't indicate any errors with form 1116
  • I don't see any missing or incorrect entries on this year's 1116 (or the 1116 Comps Wks) when comparing it to last years forms.

My return does not include form 1116 at all, so it can't only be that.

CinDenver
Returning Member

I got a reject from my eFile. Something to do with the 1116.

same thing - nothing missing on form 1116.  I filed three returns with this form -got the same error on all - and nothing changed when I went to correct it.  I have resubmitted one of the returns and will see if successfully transmits before I do the other two.

I’ll believe this when I get the email and I can refile but as of right now I’m starting to think turbo tax has no clue what the problem is. Did y’all hire ppl the were qualified of ppl that fit a profile?

Got rejected due to Form 1116.  I am using desktop app on a PC.  Re-did interview questions per instructions and nothing changed.  There are reports of different questions online.  @Scoob9999 please report back if yours gets accepted!  Otherwise I may give desktop app the rest of the week to update before re-submitting.  My amount of foreign tax is $732 and I am in 24% tax bracket should qualify for "adjustment exception" for QDI.  Selected RIC for country and foreign tax PAID not ACCRUED.

Refiled one of the returns that rejected for a Form 1116 error.  Nothing changed between the first submission and this one on the actual form.  But good news -the return went through.  So I'll try to file the other two returns and hope for the best!

TT20D confirmed (my second) transmission at 2:48pm and IRS acceptance at 3:27pm. I compared the 2/12 and the 2/19 Form 1116, they were identical, so something in the coding transmission (if anything). But I’m good now...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scoob9999

Are you using the app or online to file?

After series of my  post in this, i got an email that IRS rejected my return and form 1116 has one invalid entry - "foreign taxes paid or accrued not filled"; this should have been caught by TT but there is a glitch in TT software and this is the reason for my "pending" status from Feb 06, 2021 till today - probably TT has seen my postings and initiated the rejection message.  Now I filled and filed again - let me see if this gets goes through in next 24-48 hours.  Finally i feel it is TT's softward glitch rather than blaming on IRS backlog. :(

purchased the actual software CD- I do mine and my three kids....

I used the app. Used online to refile 

I also, finally, received an email about a problem with my form 1116. I went through the interview steps, and didn't change anything. Then I submitted again. 

I am hoping that this will break the purgatorial situation for myself, as it has for others. This pattern is what I witnessed on Friday for folks who were stuck at Pending to their state (mostly CA). Someone on the TT side figured out what the problem was. There was an application update, too. But it is unclear whether that update on Friday fixed the CA problem. 

Folks were able to simply step through the review process and resubmit, and then things worked. 

And here's an update: my Federal Return was Accepted in less than an hour! Finally, after 9 days! Yahoo!

Still waiting on the CA return. 

wij
Level 2

This Sunday afternoon, after 7 days in "Pending" limbo, I got a text message notification of my federal filing being Rejected. 

The issue was Form 1116 data entry. I stepped through that area again and discovered I had put a foreign income figure that was off by 1 dollar compared to my 1099 info about that. Fixed and re-filed. No actual change to my foreign tax credit result.

Got text message less than an hour later: Federal filing Accepted by IRS. State filing Accepted by Mass three hours after that.

Will

This doesn’t apply to most of us in CA that have been waiting over a week.  What is the issue stopping ours from transferring?

Also, I thought the whole point of running the error check in the software was tl catch and fix any issues before transmitting?  I have never heard that you run additional checks after transmission?? That seems odd.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies