Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KK94
Level 3

Why is my federal return still pending ?

Likewise, I filed on January 21st and while the IRS didn't start taking returns until Feb 12th it should not still be sitting in pending status on February 17th when others who are currently filing are getting theirs accepted.  I have called Turbo Tax and the IRS on numerous occasions since the 12th and all I keep being told is to wait and per the IRS there is nothing they can do until 21 DAYS has elapsed from the 12th.  It should not take 21 DAYS to transmit a return to the IRS as that is all an acceptance means is that the IRS server grabbed the data from the tax software preparer server, that the server received all of the data and in the format it expects to receive it.  That should not take 21 DAYS....processing the return yes receiving it from a server to server NO!  So frustrating and no one seems to think its a problem.

Right, calling the IRS will do nothing as they do not even have the return yet.  This is on Turbo Tax and there is no way to get them to act on it,since they keep saying check your status online, duh. .  I believe it to be a turbo tax issue!  I hope they occasionally read these posts.  Yours must be stuck in the same batch as mine!  

nickprov

UPDATE: I received a response, and IRS rejection. This was a 1099-NEC issue (small business income) and because there was a problem between IRS/Turbo Tax software, it had been fixed in a later update. I had to go in, review the figures, and then resubmit. Hopefully I will have an acceptance in 24-48 hours. I hope everyone else gets their returns filed. Definitely seems like a Turbo Tax queue issue.

I’m in the ‘pending’ hell as well. I completed my returns in mid Jan and they were transmitted on 2/12 just like everyone else’s. As of today, 2/17, they STILL show pending. I’ve spoken with TurboTax -3- separate times and they’ve blamed the IRS each time; obviously not knowing its their issue or not admitting its their issue. This is a critical tax year for me due to an expected refund, disputed dependent, and an AGI within a few dollars of me losing some benefits. And I won’t know anything until I know the IRS has or has not taken the return. It’s infuriating.  If its not fixed in a couple of days I’ll just write one of my senators. It might sound like something to laugh at but my senators have been able to fix he said she said problems between giant companies for me before, I’ll make them earn their salary here too.

mine is too but my brothers says accepted but i file before him i dont't understand that but i thought i was the only one i do think its the irs because if i go to view efile details it show's  received by irs on 02/10/21 @ 3:08 pm est but switch back to pending by the irs on 02/10/21 @ 3:08 pm est why is that                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

View efile details

Federal Return

Received by TurboTax:
Wednesday, Jan 20, 6:10 AM EST
Received by IRS:
Wednesday, Feb 10, 3:08 PM EST
Filing status changed to: Pending
Wednesday, Feb 10, 3:08 PM EST

I just received a “rejected”. Apparently my return was filed with turbo tax before an IRS update that affected my filing.  Once I updated the software and re-transmitted it was accepted within 20 minutes.  Turbo Tax actually should not allow you to file until the day the IRS begins processing returns.  This would alleviate any issues caused before all IRS updates are within TurboTax. 

when did you file? and what update 

I just spoke with a turbo tax customer service rep and he assumed me that they had the green light submission for my refund and that my federal refund will be switched to accepted tomorrow. So try to wait it out guys yours may be the same and i e-filed January 22nd . 

1/15.  It had todo with employee stock sales, so investment income. 

AND just like that, my federal return is accepted. (After I already wrote my congressman).

Hey guys try checking now i just checked and my federal is now showing accepted . And i can see that the irs has received my return via the IRS2Go app

Is it still pending?

No it been accepted since yesterday 

I've called TurboTax twice. I actually got an email saying I needed to fix something but the representative said wait 24 hours so i called again and was told there is nothing to be done until IRS accept or rejects...its still in pending limbo. 

It should be rejected by Tuesday 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies