Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my colorado state still pending

I am with others here. I filed on Feb 1st. Now TurboTax shows a file date of 2-13  when I have the original date of 2/1 email.  You go to check status and not even received by CO. I get the delay in processing, but something smells off here. They should at least recognize that they were received. In addition why would TurboTax resubmit on a new date and not notify other than when you go into check.

ee-ea
Level 15

We have seen the link. However both the Director of Communications and the news report are talking about processing, we are talking about them even acknowledging acceptance.

We are talking about how we filed a month ago and Colorado Department of Revenue website says "Hey, file your taxes"

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

The State of Colorado began accepting returns on Feb 13 so there may be a big backlog of returns to be processed. Please be patient.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the link it is helpful, but does not answer the following:

1) Why did Turbotax change or resubmit changing date in  the site from 2-1 to 2-13

2) If I submitted on 2-1, they should at least acknowledge receipt of the return.

I fully understand then they started receiving tax returns and that there is a backlog but would like to know more on the two questions above.

This still does not provide any details if any TT CO returns have been accepted. I think the community is well aware that CO is/was late in starting to process returns. Still TT has not provided any clear information as to any TT CO returns being accepted after the 2/12 date. Just trying to get better information from TT.

Datbigboy1
Returning Member

Just FYI. I did not submit my return through Turbo Tax, but directly online with Colorado Department of Revenue. Even doing that route it doesn't give me a status update on processing...accepted...ect...just that they received it via generic email. This was back on 2-12. 

Data point:

I submitted my state return through TT weeks ago, and there is still no indication of it having been received by CO, either from TT or CO Rev.  CO Rev site is showing that I still need to file.  A week later my son submitted his return directly through the CO site. The CO Rev site showed received instantaneously.

Next year I will not use TT for my state filing. 

If it’s any consolation, I’m in the same boat w CO. I filed 02/02 and the feds accepted mine almost immediately and CO has yet to even accept mine - except I did not use Turbo tax I used a different one.  So I actually feel better now seeing that I’m not alone and since we are now talking about multiple different software, I can rest a little easier knowing that it’s most likely the state of CO themselves and not us or the software we used.  I hope this helps you.  I found this blog while doing a google search on the delay.  

I am also concerned about this. I have verified with the Colorado Revenue that the return hasn't been received. I understand processing time could be delayed but what is the reason they haven't received my tax return? 

ee-ea
Level 15

I'm in the same boat. Was getting antsy and then saw this thread! While it is annoying, I guess I'm glad to know it's not just me!!

Please stop posting this well known and essentially useless news story about the delays in processing Colorado returns. We all completely understand that actually processing our returns will be delayed due to a supposed backlog. The question we're asking is not about processing/approving our returns - it's about Colorado reporting that our returns haven't even been filed/received at all. In the past, we've always received an initial acknowledgement from the state that our returns have simply been received, and then a subsequent message that our returns have been processed. It's not the same thing.

Agreed.  I just want to know if TT really sent the return to the state.  I've never had this happen and I've been using TT for many years.

Yes, but you actually have more information than the rest of us who filed through TT. You have an email message from Colorado saying, "Hey, we have your return, but we haven't processed/accepted it yet," whereas we have no acknowledgement at all from Colorado that our returns have been filed at all. That is all we are inquiring about. We fully understand that processing/acceptance is delayed due to a supposed backlog, but there is no reason whatsoever that the state doesn't even seem to think that we've filed at all. That's a BIG difference. What I did learn from your experience is that I'll never use TT again to file my state return. I'll keep my $20 and type it in on the state's website. Something is fishy here, and I have no reason to believe that it's Colorado's fault.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies