Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

The IRS system both online and phone are overwhelmed by the volume of callers today ... try again later or better yet tomorrow. 

Nicole747

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

I'm having the same issue.  Have tried different filing status,  different amounts (without state refund and state refund added).  Its been a week now and still saying my info is incorrect.   Has anyone had any luck on fixing this?

Just had the same thing happen. Saturday morning i used all of my credentials i have been using since day one of my return being accepted 1/29.  I did have to send in a 1095a and form 8962 a week ago. But like i said the information i used saturday, and sunday morning worked.  Now this morning, entering the same information, it says my information doesnt match.    All i get is darn robots when i call.  cannot get a real person.

If your return is sitting in a department waiting to be worked on,  like yours now waiting for the 1095-A/8962 to be added to your filing, your return may not show up in the WMR system and that is NORMAL ... simply check once  every couple of days until you get a status change.  

Moey

Did anyone get their refund yet mines say info not matches but when I call the hotline it says in process what does this mean? Please advise

From the time you send your return and it is accepted for processing  there is a lot that happens to actually process the return and the refund is approved for dispersal ... unfortunately the IRS site only has 3 steps so it will show as accepted until it changes to approved and this processing is usually done within 21 days however some returns will take longer. 

Mines is doing that know

Mousto1

Hi I filed my tax return since February 18 means it’s been 18 days so when I check my return status on IRS ITS SAYS that my informations doesn’t match I don’t know why

@Mousto1 wrote:

Hi I filed my tax return since February 18 means it’s been 18 days so when I check my return status on IRS ITS SAYS that my informations doesn’t match I don’t know why

If you efiled, log in to your Online TurboTax account and confirm at the Tax Home that your efiled return was accepted.

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

And if you are paying your TurboTax fees (if applicable) out of the Federal refund, use the Federal amount without regard to the fee subtraction; i.e., the amount before any fees are subtracted.

You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users before when the WMR tool didn't.

800-829-1954

I got the same exact thing and every time I check itsays info is not correct or can't give info

Do you mind me asking, whatever happened with your refund, did you finally get it? Just curious, because it’s been almost two weeks since I filed mine and it was accepted, but it’s been stuck on the first bar until last night. When I went to check for an update this morning, I’m receiving an error that I entered incorrect information and it’s not available. But, I know I entered it correctly, I tried several more times afterwards making sure I entered the information correctly. Thank You!! 

Do you mind me asking, whatever happened with your refund, did you finally get it? Just curious, because it’s been almost two weeks since I filed mine and it was accepted, but it’s been stuck on the first bar until last night. When I went to check for an update this morning, I’m receiving an error that I entered incorrect information and it’s not available. But, I know I entered it correctly, I tried several more times afterwards making sure I entered the information correctly. Thank You!! 

Yes, I received it. For some reason after the 2 week mark the system glitches. On the 21st day after you filed it will update. Well at least that's what happened to me. If you check by using the 800 # it will tell you it's been processed. 👍

Thank you for your help. So from the day you filed and it was accepted, how long exactly did it take before your refund was direct deposited to your bank, if you don’t mind me asking? Because, another thing that had me concerned is I’ve been using TurboTax for well over ten years now and it has always taken the same amount of time for my refund to be deposited into my bank account, one week from the day it was filed and accepted every year now. This is the first year, that hasn’t happened and it is taking longer and now this happening with the wmr saying my information is unavailable all of a sudden. My Daughter filed hers February 4, and it was direct deposited to her bank by February 11, this year. So it has me a little concerned about what’s going on and not to mention I really could use my refund right now. 

What ended up being your outcome? Mine is doing the same thing. I’ve never had this happen before. Did you ever get your refund? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies