Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are my routing/account nums *missing* from all forms (except one state)? I e-filed for Fed. + 3 states, and followed steps to send *all 4* payments from checking.

I e-filed through turbotax last night for Federal plus 3 states (CA, IL, MO), and I entered my checking account routing number and account number and followed all the steps to have **all four** payments deducted from my checking account. I went through all the identity verification steps for each state, and then submitted, as I have done in past years. Then, after submitting, I downloaded the forms, and I see that my routing number and account number are **missing** from the forms for Federal, IL, and MO-- the account info is missing from every form except CA . What's going on here? I need a rep to confirm that my account information went through to all 3 states plus federal. My payment needs to go through on time, so I need to know right away; I can't just wait and see if this is actually a problem. Chat says that no reps are available.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Why are my routing/account nums *missing* from all forms (except one state)? I e-filed for Fed. + 3 states, and followed steps to send *all 4* payments from checking.

It would be best to give us a call here, so we can take a look into this. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Thank you for the quick response. I didn't call the number you provided because over the next few days after I filed, I saw that all four withdrawals from my checking account occurred, so somehow they all got my account info. I have two guesses about how this happened. Either (1), The forms that were submitted to the states/fed *did* all contain the account number even though it was missing from 3 out of 4 of them when I downloaded the forms, or (2), somehow the states/fed kept my account info from previous years and used that again this year (and it just so happens that the only downloaded form that *did* include my account number was for the state I've never filed in before).

Either way, it would be nice if the interface told us what to expect here. If TurboTax is deliberately omitting the account number from downloaded forms even when it gets sent to the states/fed, then we should be informed of this upon submitting/downloading forms. Something like, "Note: bank info may be omitted from downloaded form even if it was successfully transmitted to the IRS." Or alternatively, "If you already provided your account info to the state/federal government last year, then it will not need to be included on your forms this year." Otherwise how are we supposed to know there isn't a problem?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies