Re: Where is the 1040x located? I am trying to ame...

colton-frazer

Where is the 1040x located? I am trying to amend my tax return to receive the stimulus that I never received but I do not see it anywhere when I am amending my return.

ColeenD3

TurboTax Online

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax returns and documents, select 2020, then Amend (change) your return.
    1. If you only see the option to amend 2019 or earlier, it's because you can't amend an unfiled 2020 return. Instead, select Pick up where you left off so you can make any changes before you file.
  3. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal for amended returns.

On the sidebar, go to:

• Tax Tools 
  • Tools 
  • Topic Search

Type in Stimulus and then click on the word when the pops up.

colton-frazer

This just gets me to a state 1040, I was told I needed to do the 1040x. How can I find the 1040x? I do not see it listed anywhere on the search. 

JotikaT2

You actually will have to wait to amend your return. 

Please see the link below for more details and to sign up to be notified once it is available.

Amended return notification sign up