Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is my federal refund?

So I submitted my taxes on TurboTax February 3rd, both the state and federal were accepted the same day. The estimated delivery day for my federal was February 24th. I got my state, no problem, but it is now March 10th and I have not yet received my Federal. I checked the IRS website and fill out the little questionnaire, but it only says that "they cannot provide any information about my refund". I didn't mistype anything and I'm growing really concerned about my federal. What can I do and who can I call?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@tinalbion wrote:

I tried to talk to a live representative and the pre-recorded message would not allow me to talk to one. I am sick and tired of the runaround and I just want my refund. I did not get through nor did I get help. 

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax no longer receives updates. You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I tried to talk to a live representative and the pre-recorded message would not allow me to talk to one. I am sick and tired of the runaround and I just want my refund. I did not get through nor did I get help. 

@tinalbion wrote:

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Boclark84

Exact same situation, I filed and was accepted 1/31 and nothing.. irs website says “still being process” no exact date when it will be finished 

Thank you so much, I'm finally on hold waiting for a rep. 

I would like to know when I'll get my federal refund and stimulus check the government cashed my check for the state

Yeah I have yet to receive my federal refund. Still nothing. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

You can check on the status of your refund here: Get my Refund.  Currently, this is the only way to check the status of your refund.

You can check the status of your payment up to once per day here: Get my Payment.

This is the only way to check on your individual payment.

@kmh15104

@tninalbion

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies