turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where does one find one's 2019 tax return summary? In 2018, the summary was just at the start of your tax return .pdf. This year, it is not.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where does one find one's 2019 tax return summary? In 2018, the summary was just at the start of your tax return .pdf. This year, it is not.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

View solution in original post

4 Replies

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Thank you. That was helpful.

Which begs the question, why is the only apparent way to get back to the tax center and documents to click on a button that says "Add a state"? Why would I have ever clicked on the "Add a state" button, when I have no need to add an extra state to my return? Why isn't there just a button for "Tax center"? That the way to access this information is, apparently, to click on the "Add a state" button is absurdly non-intuitive. Perhaps Turbotax can fix this? But in any case, thank you.

@bakija wrote:

Thank you. That was helpful.

Which begs the question, why is the only apparent way to get back to the tax center and documents to click on a button that says "Add a state"? Why would I have ever clicked on the "Add a state" button, when I have no need to add an extra state to my return? Why isn't there just a button for "Tax center"? That the way to access this information is, apparently, to click on the "Add a state" button is absurdly non-intuitive. Perhaps Turbotax can fix this? But in any case, thank you.

The current PDF download from the Tax Home website will only include those forms and schedules that were required to sent with the tax return, nothing else.

When the 2019 tax season closes after October 15, 2020, the PDF on the Tax Home web page will then have all forms, schedules and worksheets for the 2019 tax return.

Sure. Although in previous years, the Tax Summary was always part of the tax form download by default (i.e. all my previous Turbotax Tax forms have the 1st page tax summary on them, and I only ever downloaded those .pdf files the day I filed my taxes; I never waited till after Oct 15th, or whatever). But that also doesn't explain why the answer to this is to click a button that says "Add a state". Why isn't there just a "Return to your tax forms" button? Or something? "Add a state"? Not a good button to have to press to find your tax information. 'Cause none of what I needed to do or find involved adding another state to my return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies