Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ecweber1

Where can i find the turbotax electronic filing instructions for prior tax years?

For the current tax year in the Print Center I can select Government worksheets and TurboTax worksheets to be included with my tax return, but I can't find a way to see the TurboTax worksheets from prior years. The TurboTax worksheet includes a helpful summary of the AGI, Total tax and Effective Tax rate as well as instructions for estimated payments for the next year. I'd like to be able to see that from past tax years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Where can i find the turbotax electronic filing instructions for prior tax years?

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2022 online tax return by entering some personal information (about a dozen screens) even if you will NOT use the TT program for the 2022 return.  Then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)   The current PDF for prior year returns  includes all the worksheets. 

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

ecweber1

Thanks Critter-3! I tried this and though it does include the government worksheets and my returns, the TurboTax Worksheet I was referring to is not included.

Were you able to find it? I am looking for it for this year. Thanks.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You will have to print out and mail in your tax return for previous years as e-filing prior year returns is not an option through TurboTax

How to File Back Taxes

@blondiexx137 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That is not what I asked. I found the form I was looking for on my own. Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies