turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Has anyone gotten an email from TurboTax saying they are going to take the fee from ur bank account on a certain date cuz they haven’t received it threw federal return.

Yes

Whaaaaaat?! Wow

@Amanda123 yes I got an email last night and a date for April 12th for their fees. @Palex ur welcome. Just trying to help the best way I can. None of us should have to deal with this.

NO UPDATES ON MY TAXES. IM SO PISSED. THEY SAID IM ON A 45 DAY REVIEW FROM MARCH 4TH TO APRIL 18TH AND MY REFUND IS FROZEN. UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! IRS 

Definitely get a TA because that all the info given to me and it turned out that I needed to amend my return. I filed since 01/29 and just found out I needed to amend last Wednesday. I talked to my TA this past Tuesday ( took a week ) and she gave me the green light to file a 1040x and gave me her direct line and fax number and I just faxed to her today.

@Candyqueen I agree with ash get a TA or u will wait forever. I got one last Tuesday and they needed my employer to send my wages and federal withheld on a letterhead. So I went Tuesday and got it and faxed it over and she called me Wednesday morning to tell me she faxed it over Tuesday right after she got it. So just waiting for a date now. Nothing updated for me as of this morning but I figure prolly by next weekend

I did called a TA but he said I needed to submit real documents about my hardship like an eviction notice or like that my car is going to be taken away because I havent pay ect. And to be honest I don't have any situations like an eviction notice. The only thing that came to my mind was to say that I'm a single mother and my car is broken and I'm about to get fired at work due to that, but he said that's not "hardship" so he couldn't help me with that.

@Candyqueen I’m am the say. I don’t have any real hardship like that either but I told them my car was broke down and a single parent and I can’t support my kids cause I can’t get to to work. And they approved me. If I were u I would call back on Monday and tell them ur car is broke down u bed to get another Car ASAP or u will lose ur job and then u will be out on the street. Then they should approve u

I've been following and reading your discussions and I have also been going thru the same situation....I followed some advice and called for a tax advocate last Thursday after being sent both letters from IRS and turbo tax sending me the email as well...but I woke up on Saturday checked my status and finally it was approved and it should be deposited in my bank account by 3/27 hopefully you all will get some answers by this week as well.

@abbygonzalez1982 did the tax advocate say anything was wrong with your return?
Smihalyo1

655321 how are u doing. I was just reading ur post from last week and i saw u wer having a lot of troubles. I hope things have gotten better for u. If u talked to a tax advocate then u shouldnt have to wait to much longer. I talked to one and they helped and i got my taxes back in less then 3 weeks from the firat time i talked to them. And they tokd me i was getting it back on the 20th and the irs website alsi said the 20th but i actually git them earlier on the 18th. So keep ur head up. Im praying for u. God bless. And if u need to talk Or something just hit me up on here. I hope u wernt serious about not wanting to wake up. Things can always be worse. 7 years ago i was getting high everyday and u was in jail for almost a year and i was at rock bottom. Now i have the most amazing wife and 2 wonderful perfect kids. Things ofcourse are still tough at times and we are pretty **bleep** broke lol but like i said, it can always be worse. Im not sure if ur religous or not but try and go to church. It always makes me feel better. Even if ur not religous just give it a try. Let me know if u need anything and ill give u my number if u wanna talk. May God be with u

Hello everyone just checking in to see if anyone has gotten any news on their refund ? I’m still waiting as always. I talked to my advocate on the 19th and she said she faxed over my wages from my job. So I guess I’m still waiting on that

Not me. Still waiting on call back from a TA . They said four days so tomorrow would be the 4th day..

I only called the advocate number I never got to speak with anyone I was told they would call within 5 days. Today qpuldve been the 5 day but I did get my refund today like the app said I would.
Manage cookies