brinaonelove

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Yes it is so crazy
Monty

Yea this whole thing is a nightmare. And just dumb. They know something is wrong then they should just fix it. I’m just waiting for wage verification which is dumb. They shoulda sent a letter to the employer and had them fax it and I wouldn’t have to wait
Whit2121

I used my last pay stub and my federal withholding was off, well that's what the intake lady told me. I'm suppose to hear from my advocate today, but nothing yet. They have my W-2 from my job I wonder why won't they just make the corrections and send the **bleep** refund hell
Monty

I’m hoping to hear from mine by the end of week hopefully 🙏🏻🙏🏻. And heaven forbid they just fix it and be done with it but no they want u to jump through hoops.
655321

Yeah, I used my last pay stub too. I'm not jumping through hoops, I'd rather just let them keep it to be honest. I'm so fed up with all of it at this point.
brinaonelove

I feel the same way I agree 100
Monty

Funny how they said I had a letter going out on the 3/11 but I have checked my inform mail and everything and their is nothing from the irs coming at all.
Candyqueen

@Monty  The letter was sent out on the 11th? because regular mail takes 5-10 business days to arrive. 

Whit2121

Well just talked with my tax advocate and he said he will be mailing me out a 1040x form to make the corrections and to fax it bk to them bc they're going to write something on the top so they can know to expedite it.
Monty

That’s awesome hopefully u will have something next week
Whit2121

I wish but nothing move that fast f***'n with the IRS
Ash1729

I also used my last check stub and have to amend. I’m hoping it doesn’t take long but who really knows. I’m going to have everything ready so when the TA calls me and give me a fax number I can do it right away.
Palex

I got those two letters and haven’t even called them. It says nothing is wrong and I don’t need to do anything .. but maybe I should because it’s literally been Two months since I filed
Ash1729

I was also told the same thing and it turns out that I need to amend
Monty

I would prolly call back @Palex and call the advocate line again. That seems the only way we’re getting this info.