Re: What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1... - Page 30

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Basically the irs/advocate didn’t believe I worked for the company that I filed. So they are saying the company has to write a letter on their letterhead and put how much I made and their contact info and I also have to fax my last check stub to them. This tax season is stupid as hell

Oh my goodness!!!!! This is making me nervous

Wow what the hell. That’s messed up. If u gotta do that. Then god only knows how long we will be waiting for a refund. Cause if they don’t believe u then how r they gonna believe we worked for our companies we put in

Don’t get nervous. I’m gonna wait till after this weekend and if no change I’m gonna call and talk to the management department again and see how I can speed this up. Even if I have to go to my employers and have them resend the w2s and certify mail it

Me too

Yea I heard the advocates are being dicks cause the real reason for an advocate is to get money from irs when u owe money to get a refund and I’m guessing they r getting upset about it

My situation might be different then y’all situation. I reported $24,989 and only $13,391 has been reported. That’s $10,000 that they don’t have and can’t find. I told her I had a w-2 she said the w2 don’t matter anyone can make a w-2 she needs something from the actually
Company and truth be told they stupid as hell. Because I could just take the company logo off the internet and attach it to a work document and write a letter. So it doesn’t make to much sense to me how a letter has more power than a w2. But okay if it makes sense to the irs then I will go along with it

I shouldn’t have a problem with the employer cause I worked for them the year before to. So they on last yrs taxes to. Just don’t know it hasn’t shown up yet

U would think that if they aren’t getting the w2s from these companies and we’re calling all the time that they would send a letter to the company asking them to fax the **bleep** proof over like they told the very first time I called and they told me if they don’t get it soon that they send a letter asking for them to fax it to them for proof. I swear irs stands for ignorant retarded and stupid ass people

Omg your so right! I totally right about that....

I did start a new job last year so I’m stressing it more now. I had 2 w-2’s but one I’ve claimed before and the other is my new job

I wouldn’t stress. I had 2 w2s and 1 1099. Only one w2 is showing and it’s the one from the new job I started right before the new year. The one w2 from the job I filed with twice now is missing and the 1099 is missing. Just gonna wait. Nothing we can do right now

Thank you Monty for being so positive!!!

Ur welcome @Ash1729, it’s been hard but gotta stay positive. It will come we will get it soon. Hoping for a date Saturday

It sucks we have to deal with this to get our money but we will get it soon and get through this