turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Jessicad8194
I hope you get yours too so you can treat your birthday boy 😊 happy early birthday to him 🎂 🎉

I figured out what was going on with mine. I run my office and I had sent in the W3 toward to the end of January and apparently either the IRS doesn't have it or they haven't entered it because when I check my social security information for 2018, it's short the same amount of money that I earned at this office. So I'm going to resend the W3 and hope everything gets fixed.

At least u found it

Yeah it was just too coincidental that my ex coworker is having this same issue. W3's, our W2's, and tax statements are sent to the Social Security office. So I'm thinking what we've found here (that it's an employer issue whether the IRS has entered it or not) is correct.

Yea but my ex employer said they sent it to social security office and I seen the certified certificate showed it was delivered to them and the irs is saying they don’t have our wages

Well the wages from the employer

Right so it has to be that they haven't entered it yet as it doesn't show on my social security information either. You can tell if it's missing if you check the social security website for income in 2018.

Ok yea I’m gonna check. Do u know what the website is

Something ain’t right on mine. I’m looking at this yrs earnings and it don’t add up to my w2s

Exactly. Mine is short exactly what I've earned from my current employer in 2018. So, from talking with my bookkeeper (who's calling the irs for me tomorrow to figure this out) she thinks they've not entered our W2 info. It was sent and received but they've not entered it. They're telling people it's the employers who haven't sent it and that's wrong. My W3 and W2 were sent by mail and are missing but the ones that were filed electronically are showing up.

I checked my tax return and took my AGI from it, subtracted what the SS office has a my income, and BOOM...I found it.

So is urs right ? Mine is waiting 13,256 which doesn’t even come to any of my w2s. I had way more in wages

I heard that ssa don’t update until September or October. I’m so lost because my SSA is off by $10000. I believe this is the irs way to prolong everyone return. I talked to ssa two weeks ago and they said that they get their records from the irs. I just don’t know anymore

Yea I’m talking to ssa now and she told me to call irs cause ssa is saying irs gets it first and then gets reported to ssa
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies