turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

OliviaR

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Mine is doing the same this year. Never has before. What was your outcome after all?

hey guys, i filed way early, on jan 18th, was accepted on jan 28th, then 2 days later i got 1541. just today i got a message on WMR saying my return had been received and is being processed. best of luck

Good morning everyone! Mine has also went into processing. If nobody has received and update yet and need me here I’m still with you guys we been riding this wave together

It definitely is a good morning. Mine is now saying processing as well. I will still be on of people have questions d will try to help. Been riding since the beginning

Hopefully we get this money next week

When I following my moms money for her. She received a date the next day. So we should get a date tomorrow and a deposit next week

I was just gonna day that. Hope we get a date tomorrow cause that’s all we’re waiting for

I’m hoping tomorrow we have a date. Fingers crossed

They told me I had to wait 45 days but I also got the processing thing this morning. What does that mean

Ss4911- did ur mom's say processing and then the next day she got a date?

They have 45 days to review, but it could be and most of the time is way quicker...and from what I gather from multiple threads it's because the mail was backed up because of the shutdown and your return went in before they got w2s from your work, even though your work probably sent them in on time. This is just a guess but I've been reading these for a month. Lol

Yup ur right they do have 45 days to review it and everyone I have talked to or read that right after the letter goes out u ended up w ur refund. But yes it can take up to that long but haven’t heard of someone waiting that long. Irs rep even said might be a week or 2

Yes! Her process changes to the tax act then it changed to the processing on that Friday, she had a date the next day and she had a deposit Wednesday or Thursday.

Ok awesome. Thankyou

Hey guys, I filed 1/28 accepted 1/30. I filed with EITC and have been stuck on still being processed for over two weeks. I called the IRS last week and a woman told me there was nothing wrong and it just said still processing. I called and spoke to a tax advocate today. She told me that mine was pulled for review but it already went through review and I have a DDD for 3/6. If I don’t have my refund deposited by 3/11 I need to contact the IRS again. I would consider calling an advocate if it has been longer than 21 days. I didn’t have to hold that long and the woman was very nice and helpful. Good luck all !

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies