turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

It’s not funny but u did say some funny **bleep** lmaf.... anyhow I call the irs yesterday and was told Initially my refund was on hold do to Earned income credit,but as she was looked deeper in my files she seen that it was under review due to Wages I asked n meaning,and she replied that I Possibly could filed my return b4 they received my w2 “which I filed January24 and was accepted same day “it behind but there was no letter being send out as she could see....... I called back today n was told a letter been send out n they send it a week ago i really feel like **bleep** is really jacked up for real don’t Js tell me anything cause Js yesterday there was no letter now wait till March 4 like why it’s my money n I need it now

Where to get Transcript

I'd like to know that as well.

Go to irs website get Transcripts

For those who have money problems and we're told that u would have to wait 45 days, I was told the same thing but I just called and there is something called a hardship form. If u qualify for it they will talk to the people who are doing ur taxes and they will ask them to release ur funds as long as u don't owe them any paperwork or anything. If u do owe them paperwork u have to send it in and then they will try to get ur funds released asap so u don't have to wait those 45 days. Just go to Google and Type in its hardship program and u will find it

You are so awesome. I called and this helped so much! They have limited time to do expedited refunds but the rep was willing to try to help me. I did not complete a hardship form, but I just asked if my refund could be expedited due to real life challenges I’m facing. ( which I explained in detail to them)

They asked a bunch of security questions ( so I’d recommend having your return in hand ) but it was all well worth it.

Yeah so I called today because I filed early January and I have had code 1541 for 6 WEEKS NOW! They said that STARTING March 4th it could be between then and APRIL 11th the guy said that we could possibly GET our refund 😳😳😳🤬🤬🤬

Awesome I'm so glad it was able to help. I went through all 20 pages of these messages people were sending and I didn't see anyone talking about it so I thought I would let everyone know and I was hoping it would help someone. It sure took a lot of stress of my shoulders
Jbrow178

I didn't get a date for my state and got it three weeks after filing. But still haven't gotten my federal

Jbrow178 join the club lol mine went through a week after filing and a lot of people’s federal is being held cause of so called the urs hasn’t received the w2 from the employers

Update yall* I just got a email that I’m receiving an letter today from the irs. I will keep y’all behind

I meant updated lol

U got an update saying ur getting a letter ss4911?

Mine still says take action
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies