turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

They r back logged. Is all it is. Mine said they were missing 2 of mine. And when I went to the employer yesterday he showed me that he sent them certified and they got them and then called his irs rep and she said the irs is just back logged and they prolly just haven’t gotten it in yet

Ss4911 don’t stress and get all upset cause it ain’t worth it. Irs has a page that they read from and tell everyone the same thing. Their is no way that, that many employers haven’t sent in a w2. They r lying is all and that’s all they r gonna keep telling u. Not worth it. Just wait for a date or a letter. All u can do. I’m not gonna stress over it. U call they lie and they will just keep giving u the same answers

That means they started urs yesterday and put in all ur transcripts and is processing ur return. U should have a date for release soon

I was told my employer was missing a w2 by a tax advocate ...but keep in mind I don't think a big company like this wouldn't have sent in the w2 s ....my tax advocate said the job could of sent them in but the system haven't updated yet and loaded them in the system...and he said that's all holding me up getting the w2s from my last job ..and he said it could mean you just had a job who sent them in at the last minute..I was thinking my tax advocate is about right because I couldn't pick them up until jan.19 so the tax advocate said they either waiting on w2from employer or system to update them in..

Same here. The irs is so behind. The people we talk aren’t the same people who do the processing. All they see is what we see. I’m sure the employer sent them in but the irs hasn’t gotten to them yet. That is all that is holding me up to is for them to update into the system pdixson314

Tomorrow is the 27th.. it’s supposed to be a big day and they r supposed to have a bug update tonight so let’s friggin hope so

I don’t understand why they are telling people that it’s your workplace . Everyone is saying that! I don’t believe it! So many people that I work with already got their refunds. It’s an excuse for them to take longer ..
**i filed Jan 14th
**Take action for a month now
** it’s says wait for a letter..
And people that I’ve talked to about this letter, they got the letter but it was for nothing , they ended up getting refund around same time

Fingers crossed that we all get a positive update tomorrow. I have to agree that employer mess isn’t right. My ex employer was so lost when I told them what happened

No update on my end says same thing. Take action

No update on my end either

Yea people I worked w at both company’s have gotten their refunds. It’s not the employers. It’s the processing center. They just haven’t gotten to it and the people we talk to all they see is what we see when we look at transcripts. I was told by an employers irs rep that those people we talk to have no access to anything but what we see. The processing center part see everything. It’s just a lie and what they have to tell us

Well let’s hope so but I just looked and no update for me yet. I think that update is for people who is getting money today or will be starting their process. My transcripts says March 4th for processing so I will wait till then to see what’s going on

Yea I think ours won’t do anything till March 4th like it says in our transcripts.

I hope that’s true! I know when I worked for a state job(child support) we can see what the workers saw. If the parents was certified for a text offset, we can say I see that you were certified but we couldn’t provide to much information about it until after it posted. Even know child support is different than the irs. And maybe they can’t see anything. But what got me is, the guy told me that my earnings was only reported 13931 which for job A I made 4951, for job B I made 8980, and for job C I made 10975. When I checked the SSA website it states that I made 13931 when you calculate job A and B you get that amount. So that means job C didn’t report something. Then he told me it’s like I’m lying about my wages. So if I’m lying why can’t I just bring supporting documentation showing that I worked with the company

He then told me my employer had to submit something to them that I couldn’t. But if I was getting audited I would have to provide my W2 to them why all of a sudden I can’t now? He was like it’s a waiting game. I’m going to call my local office when I get up for work and make an appointment to talk with them
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies