turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS What exactly does this mean after turbo says the return was "accepted" for a week?

I e-filed my 2020 tax on Feb 23rd, 2021, and get accepted email from Turbotax. However,  I went into Where's My Refund on Mar 1st, 2021, I got

"We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to:

. Verify your filling date.

. check with your tax preparer or tax software provider, or

. verify your received your electronically filed acknowledgement email"

I went  into Where's My Refund this morning again, the information was changed to:

"We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS"

And I also went into my IRS account. and I got the following:

"Your 2020 Tax Return Has Not Been Processed.

What exactly does this mean after turbo says the return was "accepted" for a week?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS What exactly does this mean after turbo says the return was "accepted" for a week?

Hey did you ever get any update on your tax refund status from the where's my refund app? I've been having the same issue for about a month. hope your refund issues are going better than mine. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS is experiencing delays in processing a lot of returns due to a later than usual start to the tax season, a backlog of mailed returns, current tax season returns, and stimulus payments. Please also see this post here by ToddL99 for further explanation of why returns are delayed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No. Still got the following message as this afternoon:

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies