Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

We apologize your return is delayed on wheres my refund as ststus

I had got the same message then 7 days later got taxes. 

Its been 60days and I have no update 

Ha33
Level 3

Same thing happened to me. Filed 2/8, accepted 2/9. Received letter from IRS 3/7 asking for supporting documents for withholding. Easy enough. I went to fax them as the letter indicated but the fax number was missing one digit. The letter said documents could be uploaded to a website, which doesn’t exist. So I ended up mailing the documents certified mail. It got lost…no joke. Frustrated, I called the IRS taxpayer advocate. The woman was very nice and in the end provided me with a fax number into Kansas City IRS office. So I faxed everything to that number. I have no idea for sure if the IRS received with the mail or fax. My wife and I are both retired as well, and only have 1099s. Surely the IRS has them. Oh well, I keep checking transcripts and nothing to date.

I’m so sorry this is happening to you too. It’s just not fair.  Ironically my letter from the IRS threatened me that if I didn’t respond in 20 days they could reduce my refund.  Of course I responded the next day, but what an insult to an honest, tax paying senior citizen. We really need our refund to survive. 

Ha33
Level 3

Oh, I got the same 20 day to respond threat. I sent the fax on day 19 from the date of the letter. Of course I have no idea if it went to the correct place.

Ha33
Level 3

I called the IRS taxpayer advocate again today to ask if the documents I sent actually made it into my file. She was very nice and researched. She came back and said yes, it’s all here. But she said they’ve been told it could take 16 weeks from the time they received the supporting documents. At least I know everything is there and in my file.

I’m so happy for you.  Sixteen weeks is unbelievable.   I wonder how long it would have taken if you mailed your return in, instead of electronic filing?  I’m certainly going to do my taxes differently in the future.  

How long did it take?

34 days since "return accepted" and no DD, no letter or notice and no transcripts. 

frustrating. Hope this helps. 

I would say it’s time you called the IRS taxpayer advocate as previously mentioned in this forum string.  I don’t know that number but perhaps someone here does.  Good luck. 

They received my documents on 3/14/22.  That means I can expect my refund on July 4th.  If I'm still alive, I'll be 77 years old.  If not, my wife can use my refund for the funeral expenses.

Absurd!

Ha33
Level 3

IRS taxpayer advocate - [phone number removed]

I received a letter today saying the IRS needs another 60 days to process my return. DenverDad, I’ll  also be 77 in July. Hopefully I’ll live long enough to see my refund.

Well, at least they notified you rather than making you wonder.  I guess that’s a good sign.  I won’t file electronically again.  In fact, I’m going to a professional tax preparer from now on.  

@DenverDad 

"The amounts listed on my tax return are exactly what was provided to them by my employer and other agencies,"

you're making the argument put forth by many that the IRS should do your taxes and then send you a note to sign "I agree".

However with the complexity of the US Tax Code, that just can't work.

Besides, the law does not allow it.

You must declare your income.

As I suggested previously (PM), if you don't use TurboTax you will find things go a lot smoother with the IRS.

I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t expect the IRS to do my taxes. My point was that employers and various agencies go to the trouble and expense to send W-2s, 1099s etc. to the IRS and apparently they are never used to verify the information provided by taxpayers. Seems like a waste of paper, computer space, money and time for a lot of people.  Not to mention unnecessary delays in tax refunds.  

I always assumed that the copies of W-2’s, 1099s, etc. from employers and agencies were sent to the IRS electronically and filed away in some massive database. But, maybe the IRS isn’t that sophisticated yet.   My backup documents could be in a cardboard box on a dusty storage room shelf. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies