Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

We apologize, but your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal timeframe.

@BI  hey your right that was my mistake my returns got accepted feb 1st 2022 and in the transcript it doesn’t show any date for 2022 refunds or whatever it says your refund has been delayed is this a normal thing or a bad thing 

We apologize, but your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal timeframe.

I have this message, AND my transcript says that I have not even filed a return even though it was accepted on 1/24. I know I had to wait until 2/15 because I have EITC, but this is ridiculous and I know someone else that filed after me and already has a DDD

Timo8358

Why is my payment been delayed the normal timeframe.?

The IRS is good at making people panic. This is a message everyone is receiving so that they can ensure the correct Economic Impact payments are issued.

@Timo8358 

It has yet to be processed. I’d expect a delay but you shouldn’t panic. They claim they’ll get everything together before the deadline.

@Taxmiser 

@BI were all in the same boat luckily.

Wait . I am not sure I follow you .they have already done that .your s.s number is linked to each and every economic payment paid across time . Which is why if you did not get 1 our of the 3 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 3 there is a separate amendment you have to file 1040x so that would have 0 to do with someone trying to file their regular taxes  right? So the delays like this one come every single year for as far back as I can remember . It usually is because they are trying to find a mistake in the tax form to pay unless then what you originally have . That is why all the random Audit and the insanity if you file injured spouse or anything else that causes the IRS to have to do anything extra . 

They are also trying to prevent fraud since the regular notices you’d receive  such as overpayment penalty, notices have been suspended this year to process the returns expeditiously.

so how long do you think before I get a date

Zay19

What going on with my taxes it keep saying delay

Zay19

It’s showing in my irs app so what’s going on

So mine just changed to this message Saturday morning, I filed 1.31 and was accepted within the sane 24 hours so does the mean if will probably go through later this week? How long did you have that message? I went to transcript tab on website and it just give me a pull down list no dates if any kind

What is wrong

I’m getting the message “we apologize for the delay message we are still processing” message it change to that Saturday morning and was just wondering how long did that message stay up for some?

It may not be updated for you yet. Mine use to not show anything, but if you know what your refund suppose to be, once tour account transcript is updated, it’ll show that refund amount with a date. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies