Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Virginia Form 770

Where to you enter data from Virginia Form 770 Schedule 5 Beneficiary's information (Federal Schedule K-1 Equivalent?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Virginia Form 770

Enter it in the federal section under K-1 (1041).   Where do I enter a k-1?     That link has instructions depending on your platform.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Virginia Form 770

I already entered the K-1 in Federal section.  Form 770 has different &  more information than the K-1.  I've tried VK-1 worksheet in Virginia section. There's no place to enter the items below.  I searched for a Form 770 in Forms section for Virginia - but nothing came up.

Section 1 - ( I have amounts in a, b & c)

a. Federal Taxable Income

b. Beneficiary's Federal Distribution Percentage

c. Estate or Trust Federal Distribution Percentage

(Sections 2&3 I know where to enter - in Additions or Subtractions in Virginia return.)

Virginia Form 770

Can anyone answer this question?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Virginia Form 770

You entered the necessary information from part 1 when you entered the federal K-1.   VA laws require the allocation of Virginia modifications and Virginia taxable income to beneficiaries based on their respective share of the distributable net income of the estate or trust - this is Schedule 5 of the federal Fiduciary Form 770.    Lines 2 and 3 are the state additions and subtractions which you took care of on the state return.   Form 770 is filed by the fiduciary and reports the total trust income and deductions.   Schedule 5 is the reconciliation and what each beneficiary reports on their personal tax returns.  

Line 1 is Federal Distributable Net Income, which should match the information on your federal K-1.   The beneficiary and trust percentages are not required for your tax return, so they are not entered.  That information is required for the Form 770 which is filed by the fiduciary.    From the VA 770 instructions:

(a) Federal Taxable Income. Enter the beneficiary's share of federal taxable income from Schedule 1, Line 1 (Form 770).  

(b) Beneficiary's Federal Distribution Percentage. Enter the beneficiary's federal distribution percentage (enter the result to 6 decimal places). 

(c) Estate or Trust Federal Distribution Percentage. Enter the estate or trust federal distribution percentage (enter the result to 6 decimal places). 

Line 2 - your state additions

Line 3 - your state subtractions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies