Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nadine108
Returning Member

TT showing wrong amount for my Dividends on the "your income and expenses" screen. I can't change it!

I tried deleting Schedule B and starting over but the amount stays the same.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

TT showing wrong amount for my Dividends on the "your income and expenses" screen. I can't change it!

Did you read the answer in your prior post - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/the-tt-screen-your-income-and-expenses-i...

Enter the correct amount for the 1099-DIV.  You cannot delete the Schedule B if a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV has been entered into the program.

If necessary you can delete the 1099-DIV.  Click on Tax Tools.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

Additionally, look at your tax return to verify the amount entered on your Form 1040, Line 3b

You can view your Form 1040 at any time. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

nadine108
Returning Member

My 1040 is blank.  I haven't filed yet.No help!

nadine108
Returning Member

Suggestion didn't help.  My 1040 is blank.  I haven't filed yet. 

If there is nothing showing on your Form 1040 then you have not entered anything in the TurboTax program.

Assuming when you say "blank" there is no name, address, filing status, dependents, income from wages reported on a W-2, etc.

Clear your tax return and start over.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2018 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

nadine108
Returning Member

Delete a Form doesn't list 1099-DIV

Did you enter any any  K-1 forms?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies