Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alex16

LA e-file status incomplete

What happened?  I thought I was done.  How do I fix this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Since your Federal return has been accepted, and since the Louisiana forms are now available, you can go back and open up your State return to complete and file it.  Carefully review it before filing since the forms may have updated since you last worked on it.

NOTE:  When you go back to your account to finish and file your return, you may see a notice to finish and file the state return.  If so, you can follow that path to see if it gets you back to the state return.

If it doesn't, here's a way to open the state return back up:

• Scroll to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "Add a state."  (you're not really adding one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, you can go to the State Taxes tab to complete the state return.  Carefully review it before filing since some of the forms may have updated.
  • Also step through the Review tab.
  • When you go through the FILE tab for efiling, make sure you go all the way to the end and click on "Transmit return now."

View solution in original post

13 Replies

The state return can show as "incomplete" if some forms were not yet available when you tried to efile it along with the Federal, or if the Federal return was recently efiled and has not yet been accepted.

The LA forms are now available, so has your efiled Federal return been accepted?  If so, we can tell you how to finish and file the state return.
alex16

I summited it with my federal and I did receive a notification that the Federal and State was accepted.

Well, the state wouldn't have shown "accepted" if it was "incomplete."   "Incomplete" means hasn't been filed.

Please verify with this tool, if the state return was accepted.  What do you see for both returns with this tool?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp">https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efi...>
alex16

Just shows the Federal

OK.  See the info I left you below on how to open back up and file the State return.
alex16

Thank you so much for the help.  Going to start working on it now

You're welcome.  Good luck.

Since your Federal return has been accepted, and since the Louisiana forms are now available, you can go back and open up your State return to complete and file it.  Carefully review it before filing since the forms may have updated since you last worked on it.

NOTE:  When you go back to your account to finish and file your return, you may see a notice to finish and file the state return.  If so, you can follow that path to see if it gets you back to the state return.

If it doesn't, here's a way to open the state return back up:

• Scroll to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "Add a state."  (you're not really adding one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, you can go to the State Taxes tab to complete the state return.  Carefully review it before filing since some of the forms may have updated.
  • Also step through the Review tab.
  • When you go through the FILE tab for efiling, make sure you go all the way to the end and click on "Transmit return now."

gayniast

both the federal and the state tax fprms were not accepted for the 2018 tax year could now tell me hoe to down load  them print the and  mail them  and to where I shpould send them

gayniast

neither the federal or state forms were not sent after they were reused so ii am now looking to download the formand could not take care of it before.s to mail because I was sick 

gayniast

please tell me how to go about maili g my taxes

gayniast

What happens if I cannot get my taxes filed this year

gayniast

tell me how to finish and file my state 2018 taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies