turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The joint account I had for my tax refunds is closed. How do I update with IRS to get stimulus check faster?

Is it possible to update using Turbo Tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

The joint account I had for my tax refunds is closed. How do I update with IRS to get stimulus check faster?

your a/c won't be updated until the IRS opens e-filing in late January and your return is processed. the IRS does not have the means to update a/c's in the meantime. 

it is not that they don't have the means; due to potential for fraud they do not permit it. 

No. To help protect against potential fraud, the tool does not allow people to change direct deposit information already on file with the IRS.

If we issue a direct deposit and the bank information is invalid or the bank account has been closed, the bank will reject the deposit. We will then mail your Payment as soon as possible to the address we have on file for you, and we will update Get My Payment to reflect the date your payment will be mailed. Typically, once the payment is mailed, it will take up to 14 days to receive the payment, standard mailing time.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies