Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kia328
Returning Member

The IRS deposited my 3rd stimulus payment to a closed account for thr second time since March 17th. How long should it take to receive a check? Thanks for any insight.

They did the same thing on March 17th despite TurboTax sending an email stating my current DD info being given to the IRS because I used the Portal in January.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS deposited my 3rd stimulus payment to a closed account for thr second time since March 17th. How long should it take to receive a check? Thanks for any insight.

This link continues to be updated as information becomes available.  This information is provided by the IRS - Third Stimulus FAQ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What's the status on this? I heard if you had turbo tax and updated banking through their portal it will still show on the second attempt your old banking information

JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

If you do not receive your 3rd stimulus payment to your bank account, the IRS encourages people to check Get My Payment for additional information; the tool on IRS.gov will be updated on a regular basis.

If you don't receive a direct deposit you should watch your mail for either a paper check or a debit card.

To speed delivery of the payments to reach as many people as soon as possible, some payments will be sent in the mail as a debit card. 

Details About the Third Round of Economic Impact Payments

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies