Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

glalko

The bar on my wmr disappeared as well as my refund amount. Tax topic 152 and states still being processed. What does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The bar on my wmr disappeared as well as my refund amount. Tax topic 152 and states still being processed. What does this mean?

I did a search of the text string and got a lot of different information.  It seems to be a very generic message that some sort of status change has been made on the IRS's end but the actual outcome has not been determined yet.  Some change to approved and a refund date, some change to various errors that require various things to be done from what I'm reading.

Since I'm not sure about the accuracy of my e-filed W2 data (I received a CRITICAL NOTICE: Issue with your 2019 tax return e-mail), I am checking the IRS's get transcript site for updates.  My 2019 transcript has not posted yet but the transcript should give me more-immediate information if the where's my refund tool doesn't provide any.

Good luck!

I think it signifies a status change on the IRS's end but not enough progress yet to determine the outcome.

My status updated to the same message yesterday so  I did a search of the text string and found scenarios ranging from the status updating to refund approved and a deposit date to various errors with various actions needing to be taken to resolve the errors.

I am now checking for my 2019 transcript on the IRS's get transcript site to keep track of what's going on as well as the where's my refund page.  

I hope this information is helpful.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Topic 152 is an IRS general topic with refund information. Please click here to review the topic. The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame: less than 21 days. However, it’s possible that some tax returns may require further review and could take longer.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies