turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes filed, didnt need too.

I filed taxes on a 1040 form. Because I was told to in order to get stimulus check. I am on social security disability. It is my only income. I dont file taxes. After mailing in the 1040 form the government changed their mind and said I didnt need to file taxes after all. The 1040 form, had the area, X out the area for my direct deposit information. Is this going to make my stimulus check, stuck between social security and the irs. and my stimulus check will not be issued. Because, they dont know who is going to issue it? I live in Florida now, the last time I filed taxes, i lived in Texas. If the irs tries to send the stimulus check it will go to Texas, that is the last address the irs has for me. I have tried several ways and tools that are setup on irs website. I need help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Relax ... the payments to SS recipients are going out in the next wave and you do not need to do anything to get it.  They will be DD to the same account as the SS check goes to.   The paper return you filed is probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere until the IRS staff gets back to work in full force ... so when they ever get around to processing the return months from now it will not matter at all. 

Check the IRS  GET MY REFUND  tool to see if you can get a DD date yet ...  https://www.irs.gov/

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Relax ... the payments to SS recipients are going out in the next wave and you do not need to do anything to get it.  They will be DD to the same account as the SS check goes to.   The paper return you filed is probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere until the IRS staff gets back to work in full force ... so when they ever get around to processing the return months from now it will not matter at all. 

Check the IRS  GET MY REFUND  tool to see if you can get a DD date yet ...  https://www.irs.gov/

Thank you for your reply. I have tried several times to use the tool on irs website. Get same message of no useful information. But your reply has set my mind, somewhat at ease. Thanks!

I don't believe the IRS is setting payment dates yet for SS recipients.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies