Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JeaazyG

Tax return Is less than expected

I filed my taxes and got only 10% of what I was promised. I filed my taxes before unemployment was not taxed so I should have gotten a lot more back. IRS states: 

• The Social Security number of one or more individuals claimed as a qualifying dependent was missing or incomplete.
  • The last name of one or more individuals claimed as a qualifying dependent does not match our records.
  • One or more individuals claimed as a qualifying dependent exceeds the age limit.
  • Your adjusted gross income exceeds $75,000 ($150,000 if married filing jointly, $112,500 if head of household).
  • The amount was computed incorrectly.

all the statements are false. I didn’t make no where near $75k+, I had no dependents. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Tax return Is less than expected

The IRS website states that if you received less money it typically means you owed something (like child support or credit collections) and part of the refund went towards paying it off. You should double check you didn’t owe anything first.

I am dealing with a similar issue. I got my refund super fast though- MAILED it on April 5 after trying to e-file failed 6 times. They should have received it today (April 8th) but the money was deposited into my account yesterday (April 7) It’s impossible that they would’ve received it that fast through snail mail- I think the 6 times it was “rejected” was false and I received less than half of what TurboTax guaranteed. I don’t owe child support and I have never had a bill sent to credit collections so I don’t know how my refund was adjusted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies