Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Refund - Santa Barbara Tax Group - Tax Products Group

I'd like to be a part of this. It's 2022 and they are STILL deceiving people! They claim to have sent us ours 2 weeks ago and nothing. Nothing was ever said that a 3rd party was involved, and how many people are stealing our personal info?! We will also NEVER use this method again.

having problem with my return. Cannot get a person to answer phone. this a scam.

rzoey

Having the same problem. I have called multiple times and they keep telling me my check was mailed out and it should be there any day. It hasn't shown up for 2 weeks. Now I can't even get through to anyone. This is a big scam and I will no longer use Turbo Tax. If anyone has any answers please let me know on what I should do next, I am at a loss on how this is even legal and I am willing to take legal action against SBTP and Turbo Tax

@rzoey They have had my return since 2-2-2022, and have been telling me its in the mail since 2-24-2022. There is no right thing to do unfortunately. I've seen several people respond with having taken various actions to no avail. I personally, have filed complaints with the attorney general in both my home state and CA; where SBTPG corporate office is located. I sent written letters to every company associated with TT and SBTPG, including associated banks,Intuit. I filed an application for investigation into tax fraud against them with the IRS via mail so I don't expect a response for some time. I have also filed complaints with the BBB, FTC, Federal Reserve Board, and Dept. of Finical Institutions. Emailed their customer support; no response. Waiting to hear back from a couple of lawyers. Considering filing a report with law enforcement for theft  seeing as anything over $950 is grand theft in CA. All of that and still no check. The last they said it was sent on 3-9 and wait 7-10 business day ( and mail from Cali takes 3 days to get to me). But I was told not to contact them again until 3-23 or later, which is more than 10 days. So naturally I take that too mean they are full of it. I've seen people say they received a check after just a BBB complaint but never for the amount they are actually owed. So then trying to get the remaining money they owe just starts the saga over again. 

My advice is make contact as often as you feel necessary and record everything so that its clear you have given them reasonable notice and time to give you your refund. I just don't see a future where this company doesn't have more major lawsuits against them because of what they are doing to people. Thats just my opinion. Good Luck!

Call their number and select the option to speak to a representative then request a call back. Then what you need to do is file a complaint with the BBB, consumer financial protection, and the office  of the commissioner of financial regulation. So in essence after you file the complaint is with the BBB, mail the same complaint to the above and find the consumer regulation office in Pasadena California! Complain on them. Document everything. This sets the stage for you to properly sue these people. I finally got my check but I wasn’t playing with them. Log every call, every representative and all correspondence! You will get your money and some of they with hold it. This can easily go to small claims court and you can win! 

I would like to be involved in any class action lawsuit against TPG for withholding federal funds. They have had our federal refund for over 30 days and every time we call we get a new dispersement date and now we just get hung up on.  Please contact me 

@OHNOWORDSHURT Well that's blatant theft! I would contact someone to take legal action. Either law enforcement, a lawyer, or both. Anything over$950 in CA is grand theft.

They aren't answering phones now apparently, busy signal every time I call

After a full two months I finally received my check. 

turbo tax Facebook team was super helpful after a bumpy start.

SBTPG is a terrible company though. 

on March 10th I was told it would be sent Friday March 11th and to wait 7-10 business days which would conclude on March 24. 

on March 22 they said give it until March 25th. 

on March 29rh I was ensured they reissued a check and would be sending it fed ex overnight. They even sent a tracking number. 

when looking at their tracking number it showed that they had only created the label and never actually sent anything. 

im assuming they did that to buy some extra time because on April 2nd a check finally arrived. 

now here’s the thing…. The check was dated March 15th… 5 days after they said they would send it the next day …..

and the envelope was post marked on March 23rd. 

simply amazing how a company can tell so many lies that are easily to be caught. I am happy I have received my funds, but it never should’ve taken this long 

@Retherford41 as much as I'd like to legal fees would be through the roof and I don't have any solid way to prove it other then a logical progression of where the money started and where it ended up. Meaning that no one is going to take my side in Logically they want hard proof.

itsmeglen
Returning Member

How did this come out? I did my taxes through TurboTax this year, and I'm having some troubling issues concerning the tax totals that is on my 1040 form and the go-between bank that TurboTax is using. My official 1040 form is $500 different from the banks total, which of course favors the bank. I have to wonder if the bank is trying to steal $500 from me with their number. WTF !?

I will never use TurboTax again because of Sbtg. My refund is no where to be found. It was approved by the IRS and sent on April 1. I  chose the D.D option as I do every year. I also made the mistake of having my fees deducted out of my refund (never again). Long story short I called Sbtg and after 3 hours of being on a hold I finally spoke to a human. They said my bank rejected my deposit and they are mailing me my check. That’s was 3 weeks ago. No check, no replies to emails, no nothing. I’ve had the same bank account for over 10 years. My refund has never been rejected. I called my bank and they of course have no info of a refund being rejected. TurboTax should be responsible for Sbtg stealing our refunds. Why are the Feds not investigating these 2 companies??? Is there a class action suit we can join? 

Whenever a class action lawsuit filed please include me. 4-18-22 we still haven’t received a reissue check. I been calling since 3-13-22 after they sent a refund in a different amount, in a cashier check that declined. We took all steps to get another check and still waiting. I call every day to get nothing resolved, I answer the same question can’t nobody working from home tell me nothing. This have caused hardship, credit to decline, anxiety and stress. Then I been filling jointly using my bank account and it never said closed, these people framing to keep people refund and getting rich off 30$ they have stolen from millions. I’m coming for mine & more

Same here I been using the same account. They scheming I have reported this to the irs but I haven’t heard back. I call stay on the phone hours they hand up. 

Yes as soon as a class action lawsuit is up let me know, i'm still missing 3200 from my refund and no one can tell me where its at.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies