Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Prossessing

I filed January 27th and it was received by the irs on the 28th. My refund status changed to prossessing and for 5 days now my status has said "We have received your tax return and it is being processed." How long can it stay in this stage? At this point it has almost been a month since I sent in my return in the first place.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
kwaswick

Tax Prossessing

I'm experiencing the same message. I filed 1/30 and it was accepted 1/31

Tax Prossessing

I too am having the same issue. I filed my taxes on January 29th and TurboTax shows me that my taxes have been accepted and that the ETA of my refund was Feb. 19th yet the IRS site shows as processing which is quite different than a friend of mines status that filed this past weekend with HR Block, so i am starting to get a little worried because it has never taken this long for a refund.

Tax Prossessing

I called to check on my taxes and they said if you filed for earned income credit they would start releasing them 2/27/20.

Tax Prossessing

According to the IRS website, if you claim the earned income credit, those refunds will be released beginning the first week of March 2020. 

Tax Prossessing

@Trisha2 if you go through to site community answers there are people that have gotten theirs already but we are unsure if they used turbo tax we just know that they claimed EITC.

Tax Prossessing

I believe TURBO TAX is the reason it has slowed down because other places offer the ability to speed up a refund and TURBO TAX does not. Just keep in mind the companies that offer that charge an arm and a leg for it and TURBO TAX is free unless you upgrade. Personally I would rather be slow than have someone take a chunk of my tax return for themselves.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies