Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

qjnoble

Stimulus Package Portal.. weird process

I was trying to sign up for the stimulus package and it was a very confusing process. Going through it asked me for my personal info and so on. All of a sudden it turned in my taxes and it didn’t ask how I’d like to receive my check and my taxes show I made earned income and I didn’t. I don’t know what the heck happened.

i filed a 2018 return... but I tried to put in the I did not or would not be filing for a 2019 tax return and it filed one anyway and I have no idea how they come up with an earned income amount or anything. The process was very quick and it just was weird. I don’t know if I should call TurboTax or the IRS or something! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Since you have already filed a 2018 return then you do not use the TurboTax link to register to receive a stimulus check. The registration tool is for taxpayers who do not receive social security benefits and are not normally required to file a return. Since you filed a return in 2018 the IRS will use the information on that return to send your check. If you want to provide new bank account information to have your stimulus payment direct deposited, then you will need to wait for the IRS to open up the portal to do so. The portal for taxpayers to provide direct deposit information will be opening soon. Please check this IRS link often for updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
f7777777

This portal claims to be specifically made for soc security recipients who have  0 income who want to efile specifically for the Stimulus check of 1200. But it is not allowing Seniors to efile specifically because they have 0 taxable income and 0 refund. This is false advertising. Please look into this asap.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you are a social security recipient, you do not need to register for the stimulus check, you will receive it based on the information the social security administration has on file for you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies