turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus accepted

I file taxes and used the portal from turbo and it said it was accepted by the irs. I thought I made a mistake by doing so cause I didn't realize it was only for non filers until afterwards but I still got the acceptance letter in my email. Does this mean I'm ok? Also, I didnt file for 2018 but I did for 2019.. could that also be why it was accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Stimulus accepted

The stimulus registration application from TurboTax is a 2019 program and it transmits 2019 return data.  If the TurboTax submission was accepted, and the H&R Block return is still in progress it will likely be rejected as a duplicate 2019 return.

If the H&R Block return has already been accepted and processed, the TurboTax filing should not have been able to go through.  If it did anyway, you should not have any issues but it is possible that you will receive an inquiry about a "Duplicate Submission".

If you filed your 2019 return, additional registration for the Economic Impact Payment is not required or necessary.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Stimulus accepted

When did you file your 2019 Tax Return?  Did you electronically file your 2019 tax return or did you mail your 2019 return in to the IRS?

Stimulus accepted

I filed for 2019 the 18th of March I believe at h&r block.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Stimulus accepted

This may cause an issue with the IRS, because this is technically like filing two returns.  Though you may receive your stimulus payment okay, it may trigger some future issues with the IRS.  

Stimulus accepted

How being that I didnt file for 2018?

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Stimulus accepted

The stimulus registration application from TurboTax is a 2019 program and it transmits 2019 return data.  If the TurboTax submission was accepted, and the H&R Block return is still in progress it will likely be rejected as a duplicate 2019 return.

If the H&R Block return has already been accepted and processed, the TurboTax filing should not have been able to go through.  If it did anyway, you should not have any issues but it is possible that you will receive an inquiry about a "Duplicate Submission".

If you filed your 2019 return, additional registration for the Economic Impact Payment is not required or necessary.  

Rfreeman18
Returning Member

Stimulus accepted

How can I find out who is using my SS#??

Rfreeman18
Returning Member

Stimulus accepted

HELLO?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Stimulus accepted

You probably can't find out who used your Social Security Number on a tax return. 

If you tried to Efile and couldn't because of this, Print and Mail in your return.

There are a number of steps you can take to protect yourself from Identity Theft and also to report to the IRS.

Click this link for detailed info on Managing Identity Theft

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies